Year 1-9 | Nicolas Flamel

❝︎Can you believe it? Miss perfect Ice princess is going to serve detention!❞︎

09: Nicolas Flamel

"How could I be so stupid?" Hermione muttered as she dropped a huge book on our desk of the library, barely missing Harry's fingers. Harry and Ron were startled while I just looked up from the book l was reading, but really I felt my soul leave my body. She flipped through the pages until she found one about Nicolas Flamel.

"Of course! Here it is. Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the philosopher's stone!"

"The what?" Ron and Harry blurted out receiving a look from Hermione.

"Do you two ever read?" she asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"The philosopher's stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It can transform any metal into pure gold and produce the elixir of life which will make the drinker immortal."

"Immortal?" Ron asked narrowing his eyes.

"It means you can't die," I said putting my book down gaining interest in Hermione's speech.

"I know what it means!" Ron yelled offended only to be shushed by Harry.

"The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicolas Flamel who last year celebrated his 665th birthday.. that's what fluffy's guarding on the third floor, that's what's under the trap door," Hermione finished.

"The philosopher's stone," I said as Hermione nodded firmly. Why the hell does Hogwarts even have it?

~***~

It was a rainy night past curfew once more. We all ran to Hagrid's hut and banged on the door. He barely opened the door eyeing all of us, as if he was trying to hide something inside his hut.

"Oh hello, don't mean to be rude but I'm in no fit state to entertain today" He said with an uninterested look on his face.

"We know about the philosopher's stone," We all said in unison as he closes the door only to reopen it. "Oh" He moved away opening the door open for us as we all rush in to get away from the rain.

"I think Snape's trying to steal it," Harry said.

"Snape! Blimey, you're not still on him are ya?"

"Hagrid, we know Snape's after the stone we just don't know why."

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone! he's not about to steal it."

"What?" Ron asked looking at Harry confused.

"You heard, come on now I'm a bit pre-occupied today."

"Wait a minute, one of the teachers?" I asked suspiciously as he covers up something in what seems like an oven. "Of course, there are other things defending the stone, charms, and enchantments," I said. If such stone was in Hogwarts under the watch of Dumbledore, he wouldn't have made it easy to be stolen.

"That's right! waste of bloody time if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy except for me and Dumbledore" I raised my eyebrows at him, he knows how to get past Fluffy. "Ah, I shouldn't have told you that."

I opened my mouth to ask more questions when I heard something rattle behind him. He turned around and pulled out an odd looking egg, putting it on the table. It was fairly big, I saw the exact one in a book I read before.

"A dragon egg, Where did you get one?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I won it! off a stranger who wanted to trade information about fluffy with the egg" This stranger must've been after the Philosopher's stone.

"What did he look like?" I asked. Before Hagrid could answer, the egg hatched revealing a dragon.. not just a dragon, a "...Norwegian Ridgeback," Ron and I said in unison.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh bless him he knows his mommy. Hello Nobert.. Look at you Nobert" Hagrid said carefully tending the dragon. The small dragon spits a fire at Hagrid's beard causing it to catch on fire.

"Who's that?" Hagrid asked furrowing his eyebrows towards the window. I looked around to where Hagrid was looking and saw a blonde boy run away.

"Draco," I muttered furrowing my eyebrows as he ran away.

"You lot better get going then before Malfoy snitches," Hagrid said.

"He's right, let's go," I muttered rolling my eyes leading Harry Hermione and Ron outside. The slick little git, how did he even realize we were out past curfew?

We walked back to the corridors and back to our dormitories talking about how bad this is now that Draco knows until McGonagall came out of a corner asking us to come to her office. Beside her was Draco who only smirked at me. He beat us to it and got back faster, running to tell Professor McGonagall. Maybe it was for the better, he could've told Snape.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing. Gives a student right to walk about at night. Therefore as punishment, I will take away 50 points, each... I expected better from you Miss Clermont," She turned her head towards me. Right because I wasn't being like me, not 'Clermont' enough.

"..and to ensure this never happens again, all 5 of you will receive detention" She said making my eyes shot up.

"5 professor?" I asked.

"Yes, you heard me correctly Miss Clermont. Even if your actions were for justice, you still broke the rule," she said as she walked away causing a smirk on my face. Filch then came around the corner to take us to detention. As Harry Ron and I were about to follow him, Draco stood in my way.

"Can you believe it? Miss perfect Ice princess is going to serve detention!" Draco spat mockingly.

"Leave her alone Malfoy," Harry turned back facing Draco and I.

"I guess I will be at detention tonight, but so will you Draco. Did you not hear her or did you not learn how to count. What a disgrace to the Malfoys, a Malfoy who doesn't know how to even count," I said looking at him cold on the eye. Hermione must've caught on and tried so hard not to laugh.

"What are you talking about Clermont? You're the one who didn't attend Beauxbatons like you were supposed to as a Clermont. You're the real disgrace here."

"Professor McGonagall said all 5 of us if you didn't notice. Count for yourself Malfoy, you've earned yourself detention as well," I said brushing past him to join the snickering trio.

"Is this true?" He asked Filch who was standing in the doorway.

"Hurry along with all 5 of you," Filch muttered as he lead us out.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)

(A/N) So I just realized I left out Hagrid telling them the name of the three-headed dog sorry!)