Chapter 31

I looked at my phone nervously. It is bombarded with a bunch of notifications. The continuous notification ring for the last three days echoed in the hospital room.

I only remembered my phone which I left at the front desk when a male nurse knocked at my door this morning.

I should have been at home since yesterday evening but my parents won't let me out of the hospital and decided to extend my stay here. Nag request pa sila muli ng isang whole body check up sa akin to make sure that their is no internal bleeding.

Mamayang tanghali din naman ay makaka-uwi na ako dahil ipapadala na lamang ang result sa bahay namin.

My parents can sometimes be overreacting. But maybe they are just overwhelmed by the fact that their daughter got pregnant and they just want to make sure that the baby and I are okay.

My other relatives still doesn't know that I am pregnant. Ang nakakaalam lamang ay ang buong pamilya ko, sina Raika, Kendall at Kaiden.

My parents are worried that if they announce about my pregnancy to our other relatives, they will rushed to this hospital to check up on me. They still think that I am still in a sensitive situation so they don't want to stress me.

Knowing my cousins, they will just probably stress me out with their questions.

My phone beeped again for the hundredth time already making me focus all of my attention towards it.

I scrolled down on my notification pane. Jordan's name registered on most of the messages and calls.

From: Jordan

I'm so sorry.

That message was dated 3 days ago. The day wherein Jane and I got into a fight at the restaurant.

: Where are you?
: Are you okay?
: Reign, baby are you mad?
: Fuck, bakit hindi nag ri-ring ang cellphone mo?
: Pumunta ako sa bahay niyo pero wala ka daw?
: Can you fucking tell me where are you?
: Damn you're cousins won't even tell me.

The next messages were all about his concern towards me. Madami ang message niya sa akin, most of it was all about asking for my location so he can go to me.

From: Jordan

Baby...

Para akong natunaw ng mabasa ko ang mga mensahe niya para sa akin. His messages felt like pain.

Ako:

Hey, I am so sorry for being MIA. Can we meet?

Huminga ako ng malalim matapos na itipa ang mensaheng iyon. I gulped for a few times before moving my head from side to side. I sighed and deleted the text.

Maybe I'll just text him when I get out of this hospital? I do not want to worry him anymore because I know that he is busy too.

Ako:

Hey, I am so sorry for worrying you. Mayroon lang akong pinuntahan.

I hit the send button. I at least wants to assure him that I am okay and completely fine.

Jordan:

Where are you?

Napakunot ang aking noo ng makitang mayroon agad siyang repky sa aking message. Hindi ba ay kaka-send ko lamang non?

I stayed quiet for a few moments. That's when it registered to my mind again. How Jordan carried Jane out of the ice cream parlor.

Why would he do that?