30 ♛ Long Live The King

Diana woke up to a heavy feeling in her chest and a heat that consumed her. As she opened her eyes, a figure was already on top of her, and King Augustus' voice clawed to her ears.

"Finally, you're awake."

Despite the little disorientation from the tea, she realized her grave situation. She must be under the influence of aphrodisiac. Although a weaker one, due to the fact that women could be easily poisoned with the drug. She learned that fact once she was training as a prostitute before.

"What.." she could not even speak straight, nor push the king looming above her, despite being untied.

All the wrong things were happening at once. "Queen..." She remembered just having tea with Claudette and then...

"Bah, the woman fooled you. Nothing comes good with her." King Augustus said with temperament.

The Queen must have known the truth. She and Xander played straight into her hands. The royal couple, who was in a symbiotic relationship, must have made a deal in between, and she was the bargaining chips.

But what would happen to Xander?

"In exchange to make Niccolus king, she'll give me you. Hah! As if one wench is enough. Is that boy even my own blood? All those wretched magicians are rare to prove he's really mine. Thinking she controls everything just because I let her so, Claudette's time will come soon!"

As King Augustus orated his claims, the ripping of clothes accompanied the screams from Diana. Long gone was the mannered monarch; he was now nothing but a man controlled by the organ between his thighs.

"Shut up!"

Then a sharp slap of a heavy hand on skin echoed. A short silence followed, and Diana's subdued sobs.

"Good girl."

As she was fighting off the aphrodisiac and overcame with disgust, she turned her face away to avoid the kisses of the king. Then another slap, as he rambled about how she was seducing him then played hard to get, or how she should be thankful to be even bedded by him.

She thought of Xander before. He probably had it worse than her. He was heavily drugged to even barely think straight and betrayed by Niccolus after he gave a last chance.

At least, she was conscious and had the strength to resist. This must be the payment for her sin.

The Aleck's face popped into her head. No. At least not this time.

Diana, who had long stopped begging and crying, woke up herself from detachment and denial.

Augustus was still on top of her and had conquered Diana's stiff lips. With her resistance gone, he must have thought of it as surrender. So he stood and finally took off his robe.

In that short period, Diana made a decision, still feeling the holster attached to her thigh.

Did they just toss her in like this, confident that she was defenseless? Was the king impatient to even let her hands free?

All those factors didn't matter now.

Was making the same future really worth it? Changes happened but haven't ended it. She can just escalate things a little faster for Xander, just to survive the night.

He'd find a way after this, she assured herself. Xander always does.

So as the king crawled black into the bed, his face half illuminated by the glow of the spirit stone lamp, Diana slightly bent her other thigh for easier access on the dagger's hilt

"That's it. You gave up quicker than I thought."

His voice grated her ears, and now, with his face closer to her, Diana was repulsed.

A king such as this does deserve the throne. She's glad it would be taken away from him soon.

He started with nook if her neck, sniffing her scent while his hands crawled on her bared stomach, exposed to her ripped clothes.

Was the aphrodisiac so weak that she was disgusted by everything? Diana only then somehow breathed well when she grabbed the handle of her dagger.

Thankfully, Xander gave it to her and reminded many times 'Not to hesitate' using it on whoever.

"Thank you, Your Highness," she whispered in the thought of Xander.

In one quick moment, she pulled the dagger under her gown and plunged it on King Augustus' neck.

He'd be dead in the future anyway, might as well kill him now.

Strange noises came from his neck, as Diana pierced in deeper, and the blood sprinkled on her and the immaculate white bedsheet.

"Long live the king..." she whispered.  King Augustus' eyes bulged open, and stared at her in disbelief until it dimmed, and Diana pushed his body beside her.

Silence passed like that, even as she got up from the bed and wiped the blood on her face, she gazed at her bloody hands.

Diana flinched at the groan that escaped from the king, then labored breathing too faint to hear, one could think he's not breathing at all. l He's not dead yet. What now?

She couldn't answer her own question.

There was a commotion outside, and the door burst open. Xander froze in his steps as he processed the bloody scene with his wide eyes.

"...Good evening... Your Highness." It was the only words her muffled brain could say.

Staring into her bloody face, Xander replied with a pained, "..Good evening, Diana."