5 | My Everything

Adrian

A year ago...

I playfully bite her chin, as she takes a selfie. "Where to next?" She asks, as she uploads the selfie on her Instagram.

"I have some business, you can stay in the car," I tell her while fidgeting with her hair. She pushes herself away as a frown forms on her face.

"I told you to stop all this 'business'!" She yells. "First of all, it's fucking dangerous. I just want to be a normal couple, where you don't go off and put your life at risk every five minutes!"

"Ava, I'll go till the end of the world for you, but you can't ask me to quit my work," I reason with her. "I love it as much as I love you."

Her frown deepens. "Fine!" She raises her hands in defeat. But her eyes soften all of a sudden. "I'm only saying this because this could get you killed one day. And I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Have I ever gotten a scratch?" It's true. I've never gotten hurt from this. Being a gang leader is one thing, but being the most feared gang leader is another. I practically have every single gang under my control.

"No... but still. You gotta be careful," She warns, before I pull her closer planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Absolutely."

She gets off of my lap, and heads towards the passenger's seat. I start the car and we speed off. She turns up the music, while scrolling through her social media. She loves her social media. Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tik Tok, and all that unnecessary stuff.

It's so hard to keep track of them all and how on Earth does she have time for each of them. And get good grades? I'll never understand.

We arrive, and I get out of the car. I reach for my leather jacket which tells everyone that I'm not here to play. Ava gives me a thumbs up and I hand her a wink.

"That leather jacket makes you look sexy," She giggles.

"That's why I wear it," I smirk, as I grab a gun from my trunk, and head over to Blake. My second in command, and also my best friend. "Why are we here?" I ask him.

"We're here because I'm throwing a party."

I believe him for a second. "Wait really?"

"No you idiot, what do you think we're here for?" I roll my eyes, as I chuckle. "That's a goon from the North gang. He was caught stealing our goods."

"Then why'd you call me here?" I frown. "You could have killed him yourself."

"He demanded that you show up," Blake says. I smack my forehead.

"We don't listen to prisoners' demands."

"He claimed he'll only die when you show up."

"What the hell?" Blake is so gullible, it's downright concerning. I don't even know how I let him do this type of stuff.

"He said he's immortal until he sees you."

I'm at a loss for words. "Blake... what even... forget it." I point my gun towards the captive. I don't even see a hint of fear in his eyes, which causes my suspicions to grow. He starts to chuckle.

I don't shoot, but I scan my surroundings. There's no one but my gang members. And the goon from the North gang. I can easily kill him right now. There's no risk, but something about his evil chuckle tells me that's not the case.

I've always prided myself in my ability to snatch away someone's life. It takes them all their might to shield themselves. But all it takes me is pulling the trigger and they're dead.

But no one has ever tried to snatch away mine. That is until I see my own life standing with a gun pointed to her head right before my eyes. Her eyes are filled with terror and fear.

The sharpness of her emotions feel like their stabbing at my heart. And trust me, it hurts.

My eyes shift to the one pointing the gun at her. Jack Channing. The leader of the North gang.

"Leave him, or I'll shoot her," He threatens. A tear rolls down her cheeks, which I can't stand. I hate seeing her cry, or even get even the slightest bit hurt.

"Blake, let him go," I command, and the goon immediately returns to his boss. "Now you let her go." He doesn't budge, but an evil smile curls up on his face "Please..." I find myself saying. He frees her from his hold, and she dashes towards me

But a gunshot sounds, and she stops in her tracks. I reach to catch her as she falls to the ground. "Ava!" I scream. "No... no... no."

A pool of blood forms around her, but she's still alive. There's still hope, and I'm not letting that go. "Blake, get the car! We're taking her to the hospital! NOW!" I yell, but he doesn't move. "Why aren't you going? Go!"

He turns his head away, and I turn back to Ava. "Ava... I promise you'll be fine. Just hold on a minute," I reassure her as I leave her side.

"Don't leave," She cries, trying to reach for my hand but miserably failing.

I feel tears welling up in my own eyes. "I'm sorry..." I sob. "This was my fault... and... and now you." My jeans start getting soaked with her blood, but I don't budge. I start to feel uneasy, because this isn't any stranger's blood, it's the love of my life's. I take her in my arms, as she goes limp. Her eyes are left open, creating a grotesque expression on her face where her pretty smile used to be.

The once felt warmth of holding her is gone, and all I can feel is her body slowly turning stone cold.

"Ava?" I try. "Wake up, love. I'll stop all of this for you. We don't have to do this anymore," I sob. Blake comes over to my side, but I ignore him. "Just like you wanted. I'll listen to everything you say... please. Why don't you wake up?" I wipe away my tears with the sleeve of my leather jacket, which is also covered in her blood.

"She's dead," Blake states plainly.

"No, she's not! She's not gone. She's just sleeping... dreaming something nice. That's why she's not waking up," I tell him, or myself. I don't know.

"Adrian, she's dead," He repeats. "Come on."

"We can't leave her here!" I yell.

"Adrian, we have to go!"

"I'll kill him..." I declare. How? I don't know. But he killed the only person who was there for me in my times of need. She would fight my battles next to me, even though they weren't hers to fight. She would laugh and make me laugh.

And all I gave her was death.

She had dreams that weren't fulfilled. She wanted to become a singer, and write her own songs. Man, she could sing even the sunrise to sleep. But all that died with her.

"What?"

"I'll leave him begging for death. I'll kill each and everyone close to him like he killed Ava."

"Adrian..."

"He's going to drown in a pool of blood. He'll be begging for a bullet in his head."

"But..."

"No, Blake. My Ava was innocent. It wasn't her fault," I cry. "She died because of me, and only I can make this right."

"Do you really think that killing everyone close to him is what Ava would have wanted?"

"He killed her. Blake, he killed her."

"I know..."

"He killed my love. My everything."

----------

vote, comment and follow

also, WE LOVE YOU ADRIAN *screams in fangirl*