7 | What's Your Name?

Adrian

As soon as we enter the party, all eyes shift to us. Besides some people who were too absorbed in making out. I guess that's just us. We command attention wherever we go. It used to be amusing, but now it's nothing. Just a norm.

Blake makes his way towards the drinks, and I decide a shot or two wouldn't hurt for me either. Girls start to flock around Blake. I mean, he's a walking chick magnet, but he's also extremely committed to Anna, so there's no way he'll even look the other girls' direction.

A few girls try for me too, but I don't really do that. I'm just here to forget. Even if it's just for a second. I down three shots of Vodka, and it starts to kick in. I head towards the dance floor, where I spot a dark-haired, tan-skinned girl. She stands out amidst the others, with her silver dress, that's barely covering her ass.

I stumble over towards her. "Hey girl," I drawl. "Wanna dance?" I have a weakness for Vodka. Even one shot will make me feel drunk, so right now, I'm not really in my senses. All I know is that this girl is hot, and I might as well have fun for one night.

She smirks as she wraps her arms around my neck. "I'm all yours," She says seductively. My hands hold her hips, as she starts grinding against me. I completely lose myself in the music and her beauty.

She drags me over to an empty hallway, as my drunk ass leans over to kiss her and my hands slide down her straps. I plant kisses on her neck, as I completely forget myself. She moans, and I pull her closer towards me. I close my eyes and let the sweet sensation of her kiss take over me.

"What is your name baby?" I slur. My hands grip her ass, and the moonlight shining through the window creates the perfect setting.

"Ava," She replies, and she attempts to kiss me again.

What the hell am I doing?

I quickly push her away, and head back towards the dance floor. Ava. I feel all choked up, as I remember the pain in her eyes as he held the gun to her head. The music feels like it's just a white noise in the background, and I'm drowning in my guilt.

My Ava was innocent. She died because of my carelessness. She died because I wouldn't listen to her.

I don't deserve happiness.

I pull out my phone, text Blake telling him that I'm leaving. I leave the party, and head home. On foot, because there's no way I can drive.

Besides, home isn't that far away.

~.~.~.~.~

When I stumble back home, I see Anna sprawled out on the couch holding a bucket load of ice-cream. She looks at me guiltily. I simply roll my eyes at Blake's girlfriend, and head for my room.

I walk towards that girl's room. The one we're keeping at home, because Blake wouldn't let me kill her.

"She has people who care about her. You don't want them to be heart-broken like you are. Do you?" He said that day.

I don't know why, but I agreed to him. But either way, a witness is a witness. If she leaves, she might spill. And that could lead to more trouble. As I walk past her door, I see her wrapped in nothing but a towel. Her blonde hair is dripping wet, but that's not what I notice.

It's her scars. They're all over her arms, and legs. On her shoulder, there's a healing cut. Why does she have so many scars? Is she suicidal? Maybe she was in an accident? But that doesn't explain that freshcut.

She notices me, and like a scared cat, she dashes for the closet.

She's so skinny.

"She's very jumpy," Anna informs me. "You probably scared her by kidnapping her."

"Did she talk to you?"

She snorts. "Hell no. That chick won't say a single word. I tried to get her to talk to me, but I don't know. She's a nervous wreck. I don't see anything but fear in her eyes," She tells me.

"Yeah, I know that."

"She doesn't like to talk though. She's really scared."

"I don't think that it's because we kidnapped her," I find myself saying. Why? I don't know. I just have a feeling that it's not because we scared her by kidnapping her. For goodness sake, we gave her a huge bedroom, and all the food she can eat.

"Then why else would she be scared seeing us?"

I don't want to tell her Anna about her scars. I'm pretty sure I won't be thanked for that. "I don't know," I say, and walk off to my bedroom, which is a few rooms away from the girl's. "You should try and be friends with her!" I yell so that Anna can hear me.

Maybe even I could try to talk to her. But later. Not now.

As soon as I walk into my room, I take off my shirt to reveal a bunch of tattoos. The one on my right arm is when I first started dating Ava. The next one was Ava's idea. It's an hourglass that apparently never runs out. She said it's supposed to represent our love.

I guess that didn't really last long.

I change into a pair of sweats

Bailey

This closet is decked with expensive clothing, but the only clothing I'm interested in are ones that can cover my scars. I find an oversized hoodie, and a pair of dark jeans. This should do. They even have fresh bras and underwear. How did they buy all this? Why did they buy all this? Am I really going to stay in here forever? Did Adrian really talk to my dad?

I bet he acted as if he loved his daughter. He pretends he treats me like a princess in front of strangers, and I hate myself for playing along. Since I'm done dressing, I leave the closet. The girl, who I think is Anna, isn't in the room anymore. Adrian is no longer at the door.

I sigh, as I close the door. My hands are still trembling, but I've gotten used to it.

I toss myself onto the bed, and memories start rushing back. I remember how scared and terrified I was. I could fight them, and I couldn't run away. I was trapped in my own house. For the first time that day, I felt stuck. I felt like things weren't going to get better for me, and I'll be stuck in this life like hell.

I remember how my voice was trapped too. I felt like a puppet. I was being controlled by those four men. They moved me whichever way they wanted to, and all I could do was watch them do it.

I hug my knees, and tears start rolling down my cheeks. I can't forget what happened that day, and I can't stop crying while remembering it. I want to forget it. Pretend that nothing happened, and be the same old Bailey once more.

But I can't. I can't even stop this stupid fucking stutter that I do when I'm scared. And that's all the time.

"I just want to forget," I sob into my palms, talking to no one but myself.

That's when I hear the door click open.

---------

vote, comment, follow!

HOW COME ADRIAN'S DON'T GO TO MY SCHOOL?