9 | Keep You Safe

Bailey

Adrian and Anna are gone. They gave up on getting me to join them. Well... Adrian had already given up, but Anna was adamant on me coming. I told her that I wasn't in the mood, so she left without arguing.

Now I can plan my escape. I can climb out of the balcony, but it's pretty high up, so I'm not sure that will work. But I could tie together a bunch of clothes, and then use it as a rope to climb down from. That's it, that's what I'll do.

~.~.~.~.~.~

After the 'rope' is finished, I tie to the railings on the balcony, and make sure it's sturdy. I climb onto the railings, and face the side that leads away from the house. The sky is pitch black, and the moon is being blocked by clouds, which gives the night a haunted feeling.

I grip the rope with all my might, and start slowly making my way down. If it wasn't so dark, I would say that my knuckles were white, because of how hard I'm gripping the rope. After I'm safely on the ground, I notice a large wall, but it shouldn't be hard to climb over it... for someone strong. And that's not me, so I'll have to make my way out another way.

"Need some help there?" I hear someone slur. I nearly scream, but I keep it all in. It's not Adrian, his voice isn't so expressive. This is Blake.

"Why would you help?" I ask, raising a suspicious eye.

"Because I don't think you should be trapped in here. I know you won't tell anyone about the murder, and if you do, we'll kill you, but I'm sure you won't anway," He tells me. "Here I'll help you up," He stumbles over to me, but I don't attempt to run away from him. He might be drunk, and even if my mind doesn't trust him, my heart and body does.

He lifts me up, holding my waist, and I easily reach the top of the wall. "Thank you," I tell him, before leaving the mansion. Forever. I've planned to go to the restaurant I work in. In four hours, it opens, so it won't be too long of a wait. I can tell Mrs. Sherman, my boss, what happened, leaving out the murder part, and ask her if she has a place to stay. I'll pay rent, of course. When I turn 18 and finish high school, I'll go to college. Take out some student loans, and then after graduation, get myself a secure job. This is finally going to be my escape, from the life that's been trapping me and holding me back for so long.

I carry nothing with me, mostly because that would be a burden. I don't have anything precious for myself. No gifts from parents, no presents from anyone. The only thing precious I carry for myself is my life, and keeping that is good enough.

I'm nearly there, when someone's hand grabs my wrist. Keeping in the scream, like I always do, I turn around, and to my complete and utter horror, it's the blonde from that night. I attempt to free my hand from his grip, but he's too strong.

Before I know it, he's pulling me into a dark alleyway. I scream, but most of the buildings here are commercial, so no one would be living here. It's of no use, he's stronger than me.

"Stop, let me go!" I scream, trying to run in the other direction.

"I wasn't satisfied that night," He tells me, in his sinister tone. "And you shouldn't have come back here, this is my territory, and when you're standing on it, you're mine too."

"Leave her alone!" A low, voice growls. With the way it's claiming attention from every living creature around, I know who it is. Adrian. As soon as the blonde's eyes land on Adrians tall figure, he immediately moves away from me. Adrian approaches the blonde, while giving me an angry look. "If I see you touch her one more time, my bullet and your brain won't be far away," He threatens, and the blonde nods fearfully. "Now get out of here."

The blonde looks at me with a dirty look, and storms off.

"Why'd you leave?!" Adriand bellows, now facing me. His eyes are red with rage and the drinks. I refuse to meet him in the eye, because even in the dark, they look murderous.

"I..." I don't get to finish, because he cuts me off.

"I didn't kill you, because Blake didn't want me to. Maybe I made a mistake, because it would have been easier if you were dead," He says, and what he said hurts. It hurts like hell. My dad would have had it easier if I was dead. My mom would have it easier if I was dead. Now Adrian would have it easier if I was dead. For a second, something inside my breaks, with no chance of fixing it.

"I... I'm sorry," I mumble, and I expect him to yell at me more, but he doesn't.

He stares at me for a while. "You've met him before."

"Once..." I trail off, as I memories rush back at me like a train with me standing in its tracks. His voice starts echoing in my head, bouncing around threatening to drive me crazy. "You're nothing more than a slut."

"Now you have another reason to stay with me. I'll keep you safe," He states, before heading over to the car he came from.

----------

vote, comment, and follow.

ALSO, SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.