22. The fight

Namjoon's POV
I stormed out of the cafeteria with Yoongi close on my tail. I knew it wasn't Y/N's fault but part of me couldn't help but feel jealous and angry. I love her, and I want her, but Yoongi is in the way. I know damn well he is just messing with her to get on my nerves. I stopped in the corridor just outside the cafeteria, it was fairly empty, a few students walked past now and then. Yoongi approached me, standing in front of me, about a meter away.

"What's up Namjoon?" He asked nonchalantly, a smug smirk plastered on his lips. I had the urge to punch him right there and then, but I managed to hold myself back, for Y/N's sake. "Look Yoongi, I'm just gonna get straight to the point. Stay away from Y/N," I frowned, glaring into the younger boy's eyes. Yoongi just let out a laugh, his chest vibrating as his eyes scrunched shut. "You're joking right?" He asked, finally regaining himself as he took an intimidatingly large step towards me. I shuddered, seeing the way the smaller boy's eyes glared into mine. "No, stay away from her, you know I like her!" I raised my voice, looking down at the smaller boy as I stepped closer. Yoongi snarled mockingly, and I clenched my jaw. "Honestly Namjoon, I'm surprised you managed to fall for a slut like Y/N. You know she sleeps with everyone right? You know that she is only 16? Aren't you 21? Wow that's just... that's creepy Kim Namjoon. Do you really think she will fall in love with you?" Yoongi mocked, a smirk plastered on his lips as he realised how much his words were affecting me.

And then I lost it, I clenched my right hand into a fist and drew back my arm, swinging it at the smaller boy as I hit him dead on the cheek bone. Yoongi stumbled back, his eyes igniting with fire. "Oh wow you're pissed!" He mocked, but his jaw was clenched too as he stepped towards me, throwing his clenched fist at me. I saw it coming however, and ducked to avoid his punch. "Wow, Min Yoongi, to say you have a criminal record, you've really lost your technique for fighting." I laughed, pushing him forcefully with both my hands. Yoongi stumbled back once again, landing on the floor but he quickly stood up, running at me as he tackled me to the floor. He scratched and clawed at my chest with his surprisingly sharp nails and dug his fingertips into my skin. By now there was a small crowd beginning to gather. Students ran from the cafeteria to watch as they heard the commotion.

Yoongi straddled my chest, throwing a strong punch directly at my face, I dodged, but he aimed a second time, hitting me directly on the jawbone. I felt a crack as it clicked out of place. I groaned out in pain, as Yoongi hit my again, this time hitting the other side of my face, causing my jaw to pop right back into place. I was vulnerable, trapped underneath him, unable to escape from the smaller mans hold. I saw Yoongi's arm rise again, as I prepared myself for the impact. However it never came.

Instead the smaller boy was forcefully pushed off me by an angry looking Y/N. "Are you fucking joking?! I leave you two alone for five minutes and you start a scrap!" She shouted aggressively. Reaching to help me off the ground. Y/N then turned to the large crowd who was still watching in amusement. "The show is over, get out," she ordered and the students began scurrying away like lost mice.

Y/N looked at us with dagger eyes, before turning on her heels and exiting the building. I looked at Yoongi who was brushing himself off and stuck up my middle finger, before following Y/N out of the door.

I saw her a few paces ahead and shouted to her in hopes that she would wait for me. She didn't stop, or turn around, however she slowed down her pace as she let me catch up to her. "I'm sorry-"
"Shut it Namjoon!" She growled, not even sparing me a glance. I sighed, looking down at my feet as I kicked a stone. "Yoongi started the argument," I pouted, fiddling with my fingers awkwardly. "I don't give a shit who started it Namjoon, the fact is that you both fought each other, we both know you're better than that," Y/N sighed.

"I know, and I'm sorry, things just got out of hand, I guess we both just care about you a lot," I frowned looking over at her briefly. She made eye contact for a second, before looking away quickly. "So it was about me?" Y/N asked, raising an eyebrow questioningly. I nodded, feeling embarrassed to admit it.

I felt Y/N's hand reach for mine as she interlocked our fingers. "You're not hurt are you?" She asked, gulping as she looked down at the barren pavement. "A little, but it's okay," I smiled sadly, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Come with me," she sighed, leading me back into the school. We walked through a few corridors until we reached a room labelled 'medical office'.

We walked in, scanning the room for a nurse or something but there was no one around. "Y/N, it's fine, I'm not badly hurt," I sighed. Y/N just laughed, pointing to my chest, "that says otherwise."

I looked down seeing the deep red blood stain on my white shirt. Y/N took my hands, sitting me down on a medical bed as she sat next to me, holding a first aid kit in her hands. I watched as she carefully opened it up, scanning the products as she looked for something to clean the wound with. "Shirt off," she instructed, taking a clean cotton bud and pouring some disinfectant onto it as she looked at me expectantly.

I heaved out a breath, pulling off my shirt, exposing my bare upper body for her. Y/N's eyes momentarily scanned my slightly sculpted abs and well built chest, before taking in the sight of my bulked up biceps. She raised her eyebrows, smirking slightly but not saying anything as she shuffled closer to me. Y/N placed the cotton bud on the wound which lay on the upper left section of my chest. I winced at the stinging sensation as I quickly slapped her hand away.

"Ouch! That stings Y/N," I whined pitifully, looking at her with a pout. She rolled her eyes, placing the cotton bud back on the wound. "Of course it hurts dummy, if you didn't get yourself into a fight, I wouldn't have to do this," she sighed sarcastically. "Why are you helping me?" I asked, my hand brushing over her thigh gently. Y/N replaced the blood covered cotton bud with a clean one, wiping away the remaining blood. "Because you can't help yourself," she answered in monotone. "Yeah but why?" I asked again, resting my hand on her thigh as she looked at me with love. "Because I care about you, and you're important to me," she blushed, before quickly looking away and searching through the first aid kit.

"Y/N..." I grabbed her hand, stopping her actions. Her gaze drifted to meet mine, our eyes staring into each other's. I felt myself subconsciously leaning in, my body heat radiating off my skin. Y/N closed the distance between us, her lips gently attaching to mine as my eyes fluttered shut. I began to kiss her back, slowly and passionately moving my lips against hers. Y/N's hands wrapped around me, caressing my bare back as my hands tightly gripped her waist. She eventually pulled away, catching her breath as she rested her forehead against mine. "I care about you too Y/N, I always will," I smiled, feeling her hot breath on my lips. She blushed again, looking away whilst picking out a plaster from the first aid kit. She took off the packaging and carefully stuck it onto my wound, avoiding pressing too hard on the damaged area.

Y/N stood up, putting the kit away before she placed a soft hand on my shoulder, crouching down to be at my eye level as I still sat on the bed. "Get better soon, okay?" She whispered before pecking my lips gently. My heart fluttered and heat enveloped my entire body as she walked out of the medical office, leaving me alone and flustered.