13 | Have To Wait

Adrian

"I just saw Bailey get kidnapped!" Anna exclaims in terror.

"What?!" This isn't good. The girl has a thing for bad luck.

"We have to help her!" She cries. But I have to go deal some things out with another gang, I can't go and rescue her now. "RIGHT NOW! YOU HEAR ME?"

"Look, I bet she's fine. She's not going to get killed or anything. We'll help her after we're done," I reassure Anna, but she doesn't listen to me. Instead, she grabs me by the collar.

"Listen here, Adrian Theodore Black, I don't care what work you have, we're going so go help Bailey right now," She tells me firmly, her eyes livid with rage.

"I promise it won't long, just be patient," I tell her, as I get in the car. She gets in too, but she doesn't stop yelling at me.

"HOW COULD BE SO COLD? SHE'S MORE IMPORTANT! WE HAVE TO GO THERE! YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT! I'LL MAKE YOU EAT YOUR OWN COOKING!" She threatens all the way, but I don't listen to her. I'm ready to face the consequences, but this meeting is a matter of my pride. I must go.

We arrive in a matter of minutes, but Anna still doesn't stop cussing me out. Blake tries to calm her down, but I think that made it worse.

But she'll have to wait.

~.~.~.~.~.~

"YOU TOOK MORE THAN AN HOUR! WE NEED TO GO NOW!" She yells. It's starting to hurt my ear.

"Do you know where she lives?" Blake asks.

"No, but I think I know the neighborhood," I tell him. I remember she tried to run away, and that was the place she went to, so I'm guessing that's where she lives.

"THEN GO!" Anna yells from behind. I swear, I might go deaf by the end of this ride. I speed above the speed limit, because Anna wouldn't stop screaming. I taken an abrupt right turn, and stop when I think we've arrived.

"I think this might be the place," I tell them, and Anna wastes no time in getting out of the car, and looking through every building's window. "Split up and call me if you find her," I tell Blake and he nods.

A few blocks down, I hear loud screaming. I think I found her.

I call Anna and Blake, and tell them I found her. The screaming abruptly stops. Oh god. I hope something bad didn't happen to her. I don't want someone to die again because of my carelessness.

"Where is she?!" Anna's voice screams from behind me.

"I think she's in there," I say, pointing to the building, where the screams were coming from.

"Then go in!" She rushes, and I quickly rush inside. The door is locked, but luckily, Anna is an expert at picking locks. In less than a minute, we're inside, but there's no one to be seen.

Well... no one is standing.

I find Bailey, whimpering, and on the floor. There's no one else around.

"Oh my god," Anna gasps.

Her back is covered in blood, but that's not the worst part. Someone wrote on her back.

Erohw? Is that even a word? Hctib?

Maybe it'd help if I could read normally without my dyslexia coming in the way.

Anna rushes to Bailey, while giving me a beyond angry look that says "this is all your fault". And it was my fault.

I finally make out the words so cruelly carved onto her back. Slut. Whore. Bitch.

For some reason, I feel my blood boil.

"Stop the blood," Anna tells me. "Do something!"

So I take her to my personal hospital in my mansion.

Bailey

A week later...

The cruel cuts on my back were almost healed. Of course, I still went to school, and tried my best. Anna, Blake and Adrian didn't let anyone touch me. And I mean it. All of a sudden they became my bodyguards.

My dad went to jail, after Anna called the cops on them. Adrian and Blake couldn't because if their name was found out their entire illegal network would be exposed.

At home, Anna tries her best to make me smile, but it doesn't work.

I have lost the ability to smile. The ability to hope. The ability to feel anything but pain. I'm just a lost cause, waiting for someone to scoop me up in their arms, and tell me that they'll be there for me. They'll care for me, and I can leave all my worries to them.

But there's no one. Except Anna... but even her efforts aren't enough.

Right now, I'm in the kitchen. Cooking, because I have nothing else to do. I feel slight stings on my back every now and then from the cuts, but I ignore it.

"Smells good," I hear an all-too-familiar voice that belongs to Adrian.

"Thanks," I reply quietly. But my old habits of hiding behind my hair won't happen now, because I cut it short. After being dragged by my dad, I didn't want anything to do with long hair.

"What is it?"

"Something new."

"It looks great," He compliments. Well... this is new.

"Thanks," I mumble softly.

"Do you feel better?" He asks, and I'm guessing he's talking about my wounds.

"Yeah."

"Do you need anything?"

Is he trying to make conversation with me? Or is genuinely curious?

"No. Thanks for asking."

"By the way... don't think of me as illiterate. I have dyslexia," He says all of a sudden. "I saw you eyeing me in a concerned manner that day at the restaurant."

I feel my face heating up in embarrassment. "Oh."

"And I'm sorry."

"For what?" I ask, confused. Is Adrian okay? The only time I've heard him apologize was when Anna threatened to make him eat his own cooking.

"If I didn't go to that meeting, I could have stopped your dad from hurting you. Anna told me, but I didn't listen to her."

"It's not your fault. Some people are just born with bad luck," I state dryly, nearly laughing at the cruel and twisted joke my life was. Suddenly, I feel Adrian's fingers graze my hand. I shudder at the touch, but don't snatch my hand away.

"Then I can be your good luck."

---------

vote, comment, and follow

also, i know the last line was cheesy, but lets be honest, if it's coming from Adrian, then it's swoon worthy.

unless some are strictly 'anti-adrian' or somehow ship Anna and Bailey.... or something like that. Or maybe you just want Bailey as an independent woman, idk whatever.

but i think it's cute :P