eight

Huge Time Skip

It was Lyra Hyperion's fourth year. Everything went by smoothly, just as her timeline knew. James began obsessing over Lily, Sirius started becoming a player, Remus' scars were now barely noticeable. And Peter? He became a very bright student. Well, that was one of the things that changed.

Lyra Hyperion was now famous for her intelligence, and word got out how she tutored some students, which ultimately caused their grades to improve a lot. Since then, more students came to her to be tutored, and her schedule became busier everyday. Of course, she still manage time for her two best-friends, Lily and Severus, and sometimes the boys too. 

Remus had started wondering ever since his first year, why his transformation became less painful by every month, until it was painless. He researched on every book he had, and always came to one result; nothing. It frustrated him to the end, why his transformation became easier every month, and why it only happened after he arrived in Hogwarts. He of course, at first thought it was Madam Pomfrey's doing, but when he questioned the woman, she simply shot him a look of confusion.

By his second year, his best friends found out what he was. He was terrified of their reactions, but surprisingly to him, they took it very lightly. They assured him that they saw him no different then he was. And he was extremely grateful for that, but at times, he'd often overthink about whether they were going to suddenly turn against him. But they never did, so that calmed him down slightly. There was one girl who he kept his secret from, and he felt very guilty every time he was with her.

He always felt like he never deserved a best friend like Lyra Hyperion. She was an extremely intelligent girl, whose nature was very caring, often described as motherly. She always made sure her friends ate during the feasts, and made sure that they never exhausted themselves during study sessions. She was extremely strict when it came to studies, but she put their well-being first. One of the reasons why everyone loved her.

Regulus Black, had heard of the girl ever since he was 11 when his brother came home, telling stories about his three best mates, and a girl who had the brains of a genius, a warmth from the sun, and a beauty compared to no other. And when he did attend Hogwarts, well.. 

Let's just say Sirius' words did her no justice. She was the most beautiful person he had ever come across, and she was extremely kind to everyone. The boy adored the older girl. Very much. He often found himself staring at the girl during meal times, at first he was extremely shy, causing him to never strike a conversation with her. However, one afternoon when he accidentally bumped into her, he apologized profusely, to which the girl only returned with a warm smile while helping him pick up his books. She recognized him as Regulus Black.

It was quite ironic, actually. While Regulus admired the girl for her intelligence, kindness, and beauty, Lyra admired the boy as well. She's always considered him as a hero, because on her previous life, he sacrificed himself to steal one of Voldemort's horcrux. She always thought that his story should be heard by everyone, and that he needed to receive more credit.

Ever since then, the two grew closer, and she would proudly call him as one of her best friends. And to Regulus, she was like the sister he never had. Since he grew apart from Sirius, especially after he was sorted into Gryffindor, he found solace in her. The younger boy always confided in her, they shared no secrets, except for Lyra's, of course.

As for Harry's soul bond with her? It became stronger each day. It was like Lyra still had the boy, just not physically.

There was one slight problem though.. Lyra never got around to Quidditch. Every time she tried convincing herself that it was alright to play, her thoughts always drifted back to Oliver Wood. It simply hurt too much. Even though she had no more romantic feelings towards him, he was still one of her best friends. It still pained her whenever she looked back to her past. All the people she's lost, including herself.