day one: roommates

this one is part of my au!!

even a few weeks after suga woke up from his coma and daichi was kicked out of his home, he wasn't used to living with suga.

don't get it wrong- he loved it. who wouldn't want to live with their boyfriend?

-but, it was definitely... different than his parents.

before living with suga and his family, he never really ate before school. he would wake up to his alarm, brush his teeth, shower, and get dressed. he would be out the door before 6, so he could open the club room for morning practice. hinata and kageyama were always waiting for him, itching for him to unlock the door.

suga would stroll up not too long after that. the two would share a quick look and a smile almost as if to ask "wanna come over today?"

he didn't see his parents much in the
mornings. occasionally, his father would be reading the morning paper and making coffee. his mother liked to sleep until about ten am, so daichi didn't get to see her until he got home from volleyball practice.

daichi's mom would have dinner ready by the time daichi got home from practice and took a shower. the three would eat together, carrying common but pleasant conversations between them.

that was daichi's routine since he was a kindergartner. he was so accustomed to it that when he was completely thrown out of it because of his father and his homophobia, he felt completely lost.

while he might have been lost, at least suga was there with him.

now, suga gently shook daichi to wake him, pressing kisses all over his face as the morning sun danced in through the blinds. however, there were some days suga's sister woke them, and daichi finally understood why any time daichi mentioned he wanted siblings, suga would automatically say, "no you don't."

suga's mother held them both hostage until they ate at least some fruit for breakfast. she gave them a kiss on the forehead before they left, something she'd done to suga and his sister since they were little, when she had to bend over or pick them up to reach their forehead.

these days, both her children were grown. they both took after their father when it came to height, being several inches taller than their mother; however, both suga and his sister inherited her ash blonde hair, freckles and moles, and, even more noticeably, her chaotic yet motherly attitude.

they still left fairly early to open the gym, but they walked with each other, their hands held together, swaying like a grandfather clock.

luckily, after suga's accident, daichi was able to switch his classes so they shared an exact schedule. while the intent was to help suga get around, it proved useful in other areas too. if one was unable to focus for a day, the other one would always have the notes and was willing to explain them.

if it was a nice day out, the two would make dinner and take it with them so they could eat and study for quizzes together at the park that was nearby suga's home.

on the days when rain beat down on the roof like a drum line drummer does on their snare, they stayed in. with each clap of thunder, they snuggled into each other closer, worming themselves in the crook of the other's neck. not that they could be that far apart anyway; suga's twin bed was a little bit too small for them to share, but suga had been willing to get rid of his extra pillows so they could made it work.

no, daichi wasn't used to living with suga, but he liked it way better.