unordinary

| | CHAPTER ONE | | Unordinary

| | CHAPTER ONE | |
Unordinary

"Art is part of our human soul. It is dreams emerging from a part of ourselves, a way to communicate with the deeper self of both the artist and others."

Song recs:
Runaway ~ Eric Nam
Sofia ~ Clairo

The orchids blew gently and gracefully in the calm wind. Jungkook didn't have any problem painting them, moving things weren't that hard. He let the brush move on it's own, gentle strokes filling the canvas.

Even when he didn't want them to, the boys paintings always came out soft; they were gentle and light.

Every stroke was done with elegance and lots of thought. The boy enjoyed painting flowers. He loved how even though every petal was that of an orchid, they were different.

Much like humans.

There's all different types of races but no two people look exactly alike just because they have the same race.

Unless, of course, they're twins, but even identical twins have something that tells them apart.

He continued his soft painting. Upon finishing the flowers he continued the background.

Nothing special,

just a park with three or four people around,

a small pond with ducks swimming around,

insects flying around minding their business and doing their duties Jungkook didn't know of.

Peaceful. That's what it was. And Jungkook loved it.

He didn't go too into detail with things far away but he made them apparent. He did, however, take his time with the insects. He found dragonflies and bees quite interesting. If they were near him though, that was a different story. He preferred to watch from the safety of the sidelines.

He leaned back on the park bench and looked at his painting.

It was okay, colorful like always.

But he felt like he was seriously lacking.

In what? He never knew.

He just knew that while painting it he was happy, but when he sat back and looked it over he wasn't. He wanted to make changes, but whenever he did he just seemed to make the painting worse, so he let it be.

Jungkook moved his easel over and pulled his drawing notebook out of his bookbag. Now he would do what he got paid for. Well, in a way of course. He didn't actually charge people, but he enjoyed seeing the smiling faces of people when he gave them the drawing. That was his pay.

He noticed a boy and girl sharing a smoothie. He instantly made his way over to them and as soon as he mentioned "drawing of you" they quickly agreed. He took his time with them. Either they were a couple or they deeply cared for each other.

Actually, both is very possible.

He loved how they looked at each other so fondly. He wished someone would look at him the way they were looking at each other.

He showed them the picture as soon as he finished.

(sorry for the bad drawing but I wanted to give some kind of visual)

Jungkook didn't usually color his drawings, but he really wanted to with this. The girl's hair consisted of dark and light blues that he just fell in love with. Her eyes were, at first glance, a charcoal but after looking again they seemed almost chestnut. The boy's hair was a sandy blonde with light pink streaks here and there. His eyes were a piercing pale blue that went well with the girls hair. He had to restrain himself from asking if he could take a picture with his phone since he did not bring his color pencils.

Both of their faces instantly lit up and they gave him their thanks

almost like he just solved world hunger.

When he was about to rip it out and hand it to them they declined. They said he worked hard on it and should be able to see it every time he opened his book as a reminder that he made two strangers day just because he wanted to.

Jungkook wanted to protest, but they decided on just taking a picture of the drawing so they could look at it everyday. They promised they wouldn't post it anywhere, although Jungkook didn't really mind as long as they didn't take credit for it. Besides, anyone that followed his social would be able to recognize his style and call them out.

They bid their goodbyes and Jungkook went back to his bench. He looked at his painting, which was more dry now. He frowned at it. He felt like he didn't capture the flowers true beauty. He pulled his phone out and snapped a picture of the flowers, but was still unhappy. Neither came out like he wanted. They weren't as bright and alive. They didn't demand attention, so Jungkook would just have to trust his mind with this one.

Then, upon further inspection of the picture, he noticed someone had photobombed his picture. He was instantly going to delete it, as he didn't want to have someone's picture without their consent, but something made him stop. The boy he caught on his camera's hair.

It was half-and-half. One side a beautiful soft blonde, the other a pale pink.

Jungkook stared at the boy as he walked by. He stopped and crouched down to examine a small flower, then continued on his way. Jungkook noticed that every person he passed stared at him until he was out of their view.

Jungkook wondered if they fell in love with his hair as well.

Or maybe it was something else, but Jungkook loved different.

He loved when people did things out of the ordinary. Like the man he drew earlier, he had a bird tattoo on his collar bone. Their hair was gorgeous. Jungkook was seriously considering dying his hair the sandy blonde with pink streaks. But first, he had to draw this boy and he needed to color it. Unfortunately, he didn't bring his colors and painting people wasn't his strong point.

So, he just watched as the boy skipped happily out of the park. Maybe, if he was lucky, he'd get to see him again when he had his color pencils.

. . . .

"Did you see that boy?" A brunet was saying. "His purple hair went so well with his blue eyes!"

The red head raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you talking about? He was blonde with light brown eyes."

"No," said the one with electric blue hair as he shook his head, looking at his friends like they were mad, and he thought they were. "He had brown hair and green eyes. . ."