56 - The Patronus

You and Fred spent the rest of your evening sat in the common room together talking and eating as the night raged on. Whilst talking to Fred your mind wandered to what he'd done a few days prior when he ended up being caught by Professor Snape. The two of you were sat on the common room sofa when you addressed the boy about the matter.

"Fred?" He turned his head to look at you. "What did Snape say to you when he caught you?" Fred threw his head back in frustration, thinking back to what Snape had said. He put on his best Snape voice and started to imitate the man. 

"Weasely! Do you know how to define 'respect'?" Fred folded his arms, mocking the man even further. "You know ... (y/n) is a popular girl especially with the Professors so when you decide to make inappropriate advances onto her you will not only have to deal with my repercussions but the rest of this schools and I advise you to take precaution around that matter, you know what will happen if Black finds out ... he then made me clean every cauldron in his room." He finished. 

You couldn't help but let out a small laugh at the words Snape used. Despite him being a miserable cold-hearted man you believed he secretly had soft spots for certain people, one of them being you and that was probaly down to the fact that he'd been one of the people who'd raised you and watch you grow up throughout the years. 

"And what did you say?" You asked, smiling as Fred thought back to the events had taken place. 

"Told him I respect you with all my heart and I'd never do anything intentionally to upset or make you uncomfortable," Fred shifted on the sofa to sit up straighter as he spoke. "I just want Adrian and the rest of the boys in this place to leave you alone -" 

"Fred, I can handle myself you know?" You smiled, leaning your head onto his shoulder. "I appriate it though but ..." 

"Hmm?" Fred looked down at you. 

"Slap my ass in front of Adrian again and I'll hex you on the spot." 

"I'll keep that in mind ..." A mischievous glint flickered in his eye. "Can I still mark you in front of him?" He smirked, leaning down he placed a kiss on your neck but didn't advance to biting it, unlike last time. 

"Not whilst we're still at Hogwarts ... you know what'll happen if McGonagall sees." You replied. "Besides, you saw the way my Dad reacted -" 

"Oh don't bloody remind me ..." Fred complained, throwing his head back in frustration for a second time. As he did so, he felt several sets of eyes staring into the back of his head. Turning slightly, hoping not to disturb you. As he did, Fred couldn't quite believe his own his eyes. Standing behind the sofa was George and Lee, Lee was holding up a piece of parchment which read: JUST ASK HER NOW as George was spell checking it, making sure Lee didn't mess up this small and rather easy task. 

Hoping you didn't turn around, Fred sent a glare to the two in an attempt to get them to put the sign down before you or anyone else in the common room noticed. "Fred?" You called to the boy who now turned his attention back to you. 

"Yeah?" 

"You okay?" You questioned. 

"Yeah ..." He trailed off, taking one last look behind him at George and Lee. "Just thinkin' that's all." 

"About? You aren't thinking about how to annoy Adrian with marking -" 

"Oh no, not that ... just thinking I should leave them where only I can see them -" Fred didn't get to finish when a homework diary was thrown in his direction. "Harry! You prat! What was that for?" 

"I'm telling Sirius." Was the only words Harry said as he snatched his diary back and bolted up the stairs. Fred's eyes widened in fear, bolting up off the sofa he started to yell and run after him.