Marking Sheet: Default Genres

Default marking sheet means the rubric for judging the default genres.

Default genres means the common genre (i.e. fantasy, horror, new adult, humor) These include all 

The Common genres given up there.

*****

Remember, that all books should be read between the chapters of 6-8

THIS IS THE RESPECTIVE FORMAT, WITH WHICH YOU WILL JUDGE, WHEN YOU HAVE ALL YOUR BOOKS.

Most importantly, DO NOT FORGET THE CODE WHICH IS WRITTEN RIGHT BELOW YOUR NAME. IT IS MOST IMPORTANT AS IT DETERMINES WHICH GENRE, BATCH, AND BOOK 5 GROUP YOU ARE JUDGING.

Your username:-
The code:-(in all five books you have to mention the same code)
Book Title:- (for info*)
Author/Username:- (for info*)
Title:- (5/5)
Cover:- (10/10)
Plot:- (40/40)
Blurb:- (10/10)
Grammatical Flow:- (20/20)
Character Building:- (20/20)
Writing Craft:- (15/15)
Creativity:- (10/10)
Cliché or not:- (15/15)
Effective Cliffhangers:- (10/10)
Reader's Enjoyment:- (5/5)
Overall Presentation:- (10/10)

Judge's Review:- ( point out all the mistakes, i.e. if some book's title is ineffective, tell it in the review. If the grammar is very wrong, tell that also, if something else, is not likeable, mention that too.) The length of the book review can be seen from chapter 'Judge's Rules'.

Total:- (170/170)

******

Below are some questions related to the above marksheet. Judges refer to it, when you are in the action of judging books in the upper given criteria.

-Is the title effective?
-Does it attracts the readers's attention?
-Are the elements in the title collaborative to the theme of the story?
-Is the title relevant? Does it matches the story?
-Does it evokes that 'something' inside you, urging you to read further?
-Does it attracts the readers attention? Are the elements provocative? Do they grasp the visual tendency of the reader's?

Does the cover really even corresponds to the book's theme?
Does it collaborates with the tone of the book?
Is the cover aestheical, apprehensive, eye-catching, beguiling, or on the contrary bland, dull, unprovocative, pallid?

-Is the storyline important to be read?
-Does it interests you?
-Is the storyline full of twists and turns?Has surprises at every corner?
-Is the flow right?Does the book is going too slow? Is the book going too fast? Is the book's pacing just fine?
-Can the readers apprehend what will happen?

Is the blurb enticing? Does it inspires readers to
read further? Did it inspired you to read further?
Does it have that 'curiousity overflow' in it?
Does the writer know how to mix surprise with reveal?

-Are there many grammatical errors?
-Does the book needs to be proofread by someone else?
-Is the grammar too bad, that the reader can't read any further, and gets frustrated?
-Are there many punctuation errors?
-Are there spacing errors?
-Are the paragraphs well structured? Are they too lengthy or too short?
-Does the writer use unique words? Does he/she uses common/basic words? Or complex words? Do they know how to use complex words?

Can the reader visualise the characters growth?Are the characters known by the 5 senses? Can you relate to their situations? Are they even pacing forwards? And not just standing still?
Are their actions, ideas, thoughts, feelings, feel like your own when reading? Does their antics make you scream in anger and laugh in happiness?Are the pacing of the characters slow or too fast?
Does the characters even feel?

-Does the writing style portrays the writer's thoughts and ideas?
-Does he/she portray it well?
-What does the writing style portrays? A comical backdrop or a sophisticated one?
-Does the writing style matches the tone and the theme of the story?
-Is the writing style provocating enjoyment?

Does the writer keeps the creativity in a high regard?
Does he/she even does creativity?Can you feel creativity vibing from the work?

-Is the book cliché? (What made you think so?)
-Is the book non-cliché? (What made you think so?)
-Does the storyline feels unique? Is it original? Have you ever read anything like that? 

Does the book have cliffhangers? Are they effective and not just to end the chapters?
Do they push you up on your toes?
Do they make you await for more?

-Did you enjoy reading the book without getting frustrated because of the errors?
-Do you want to read it further and added it to your library or reading list? Or just stopped?
-Did the book grasped your attention?

Overall, does the book has potential?
Does the writer portray the contents well and effectively?
Can the book be better, assuming all the hard work? Explain how.

******

IN CASE OF ANY QUERIES, PLEASE PM ask in the specific page.

Thank you,

~The UtopianSociety. ☆