Marking Sheet: Poetry

Marking Sheet :Exclusively for poetry books.

All judges are required to read atleast 6 poems from each book.

*****

Send your results in this format.

Book's name(for info*):-
Author/Username(for info*):-
Title:- ( 10/10 )
Cover:- ( 10/10 )
Blurb:- ( 10/10 )
Flow and readability:- ( 40/40 )
Vocabulary:- ( 20/20 )
Grammar:- ( 10/10 )
Poem's length:- ( 10/10 )
Poem's Climax:- ( 20/20 )
Rhythm(free verse) or Rhyme(rhyming):- ( 10/10 )
Poetic Devices:- ( 20/20 )
Creativity:- ( 10/10 )
Writing Craft:- ( 10/10 )
Moral or message portrayed:- ( 10/10 )
Overall Enjoyment:- ( 10/10 )

TOTAL:- 200/200marks.

*****

Below are some questions, for the help of the judges. Please refer to them, when you are judging for poetry books.

-Is the title relevant?
-Does it 'goes finely' with the book?
-Does it motivates you to read further?
-Is it the best? Or can changes still be made, for it to be better?

Is the cover relevant to the book? *i.e. if the poetry book is about romance, than does the cover associates with that?
Is the book cover attractive? Urging you to read forwards? Is it apprehensive, aesthetic, beguiling or on the contrary dull, pallid, and unprovocative?
Does the font on the cover represents with the theme and tone of the book?

-Is the blurb enticing?
-Does it evokes you to read further?
-Is it even associated with the poetry book?
-Is it engrossing or somewhat bland?

Is the flow steady and in line? Is it too fast? Or too slow? Does it satisfies the reader?
Does the flow leads to the climax?
Does it leads to somewhere else?
Is the flow too abrupt and full of stepping-stones?

-Does the poet uses common words?
-Does the poet uses complex words? Secondary words? Does he/she has the way to handle such words? 
-Does the poet uses new words? Or dull, small words, which are being repeated again and again?
-The words that are used, are they suitable for poetic standards?

Are there many grammatical errors? Do they make the reader frustrated? Are there punctuation errors? Are those many or few? Are the stenza structured properly? Is the spacing correct? Are the ellipses correct? Is the capitalization properly placed?

-Are all the poems based on a steady length?
-Are the poems too tedious? Or too short?
-Is the lenth in any kind, not satisfactory?
-What should be altered, to make it satisfactory?

Does the poem leads to any kind of climax? A threshold maybe? Does it even have a climax? Is it steady everywhere and doesn't have a climax?
Is the climax in the middle or in the end?If the climax is in the end, than is it justifiable?

-Does this poem have a rhythm (rhythm means free verse)?
-Does this poem have rhymes (rhymes mean something rhyming with one another)?
-If it has a rhythm, than are they steady?
-If this poem consists of rhymes, than are they relevant?Are they humorous or depressing?

Does the poem consists of poetic devices? (i.e. the theme, tone, anomatopoeia, alliteration etc)
What made you think so that it has/hasn't have them? Does the poet have a clear insight on the poetic devices?

-Does the poet writes as well as creates?
-Does creativity vibes from this work?
-Does the poet hold creativity in high regard?

Is the writing style attractive? Is it interesting? Does the poet even has a writing style mode?
Does it portray the poet's thoughts and ideas well?Does the writing style has a sophisticated or a humorous backdrop?

-Does the poet portray any kind of meaning?
-A message or moral?
-Is it at the end or the middle of the poem?
-Is it relevant and appropriate to the poem?

Was reading this poetry good? Did you enjoyed reading it? Does it has potential? Which things can be changed in order to make it better. Explain.

*****

For queries, enquire in the specific page.

Thank you,

~The UtopianSociety.☆