Year 1-11 | Trapdoor

❝︎Neville I'm really really sorry.
Petrificus Totalus!❞︎

11: Trapdoor

I put on a sweater and a skirt, my hair still in a high ponytail, and walked down the common room with Harry Hermione, and Ron. It was late past curfew, a rule that we broke on a daily bases. It honestly didn't even feel like a rule anymore.

"Trevor," Hermione whispered as we walked down and saw Neville's toad in the common room. "You shouldn't be here!"

"Neither should you," Neville says getting up from his armchair beside his toad in his pajamas. "You're sneaking out again aren't you?"

"Now Neville listen-" I said trying to reason him.

"No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindors in trouble again! I..I'll fight you" he said pulling out his fists. Now I see why he's in Gryffindor, he really is a brave one but now was not the time.

"Neville I'm really really sorry. Petrificus Totalus!" I yelled pointing my wand at him and freezing the poor boy as he fell backward.

"You're a little scary sometimes you know that?" Ron said, "Brilliant, but scary."

"Let's go" Harry said leading us, putting the cloak over us and going back to the third floor with Fluffy in it. This time to our surprise, the beast was asleep with a soft harp sound. It was really dark in here and the air was oddly humid.

"We have to move its paw."

"What?"

"Come on!" Harry yelled at Ron. We all got down on our knees to push the monster's paw off of the trapdoor so we could get in. It took all of our bloody effort to even move it the slightest bit just enough to open the trapdoor. Once possible, Hermione opened the trap door to reveal a deep dark hole.

"I'll go first, don't follow until I give a sign. If something bad happens, get yourselves out" Harry said. I wasn't quick to argue, I noticed the harp had stopped playing. I quickly turned towards the beast only to realize it was now towering over us.

"JUMP!" Ron exclaimed as we jumped into the dark tunnel landing on some sort of plants, it was sticky and wet. Before I could figure out what it is, it quickly wrapped around our bodies. I looked over at Hermione who was also getting tangled up in these things. Devil's snare, I read about it. I tried to struggle as it started to wrap around my neck and my wrist making me super uncomfortable.

"Stop moving, all of you. This is the Devil's Snare. You have to relax, it will only kill you faster," Hermione said. She must be nuts if she thinks I can relax right now.

"Do this faster? Oh, NOW I can relax." Ron complained struggling more and more.

I looked over to Hermione who gives me a sympathetic but reassuring look as she gets sucked down by the vines. I need to trust her.

"HERMIONE!" Ron and Harry yell. I looked over at both of them who were still struggling.

"Just relax!" We heard a voice from below us. "Do what I say! Trust me," She was alive, relaxing was really the way to get free from the Devil's snare.

I looked over at Harry again giving him a nod as I took a deep breath and stopped moving. Soon enough, I felt the vines loosen and I fall right under it too. Not shortly after I fall Harry falls down next to me too.

"Are you guys alright?" Hermione asked giving me a hand.

"Yeah, Yeah I'm fine," Harry replied getting back up. I looked up to see Ron who was still screaming and struggling, he was panicking.

"He's not relaxing, is he? We've got to do something"

"Like what?" Harry snapped at Hermione.

"The devil's snare is afraid of the sun!" Hermione turned to me.

I took out my wand and pointing it at the vines. "Lumos Solem!" A bright light shined from my wand causing the vines make a shrieking noise, letting go of Ron who falls on his knees right beside us.

"Are you ok?" I asked helping him up.

"Woo! Luckily we didn't panic," he said. I rolled my eyes pushing him back down again.

"Lucky Hermione pays attention in Herbology," I said walking towards the weird noises. It almost sounds like wings flapping. We opened the door to reveal thousands of birds- no keys, keys with wings. Hundred of them. There was a broom in the front just levitating. Hermione and Ron walk towards the door as Ron tries to open it while Harry and I stay observing the hundreds of keys.

"There, that one. It's wings are broken," I nudged Harry pointing at the one key. Weird, it almost seems too simple. Harry hesitates too for the same reason.

"Go on Harry, you're the youngest seeker of the century!" I said putting my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me for a second before looking back and walking towards the broom. As soon as he mounted the broom, however, all the bird-keys started to chase after him.

"You got this Harry!!" we all cheered after him. I watched anxiously as he chased after the one bird-key with a broken wing. He's actually really good at flying, he got passed the bird-keys that were chasing him with no ease until he caught the one with the broken wing.

"Catch!" He yelled throwing the key to Hermione who then struggled to open the door. I quickly ran towards her and helped her with opening the door. Once we managed to open the door, we all ran out and Harry flew inside while Ron was quick to shut the door.

The next room looked like a very big version of Wizard's chess. I was taught how to play it by Madam Natalia. She made me play for hours and hours until I got sick of it. When we walked towards the door to the next room the statues drew out their swords not letting us in. So it really was a very big version of Wizard's Chess.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione asked.

"It's obvious, isn't it? we've got to win our way across the room" Ron replied.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)