I just want to be better

Lyra's pov

All my life I had questioned myself. Who was I really? Why did I die and stayed like that for years? Only to be reborn again?

All my life I thought I was a mistake. A forgivable mistake. To not end up in both worlds, now I'm in a third world.

I'm surrounded by so many people, and I feel so...lonely.

Maybe it's because I've been alone for a year now, maybe it's because I miss my father and my grandma.

I don't know. I've been having dreams. DL hasn't talked to me in a while, and I feel so...empty.

She's still apart of me, she's still in me. She just won't...talk.

I pull my hood down as I look up at the building. I went inside and was greeted by a homey smell, I've been to this bakery for a while now.

I always come here to think and to eat the very tasty pastries. I sat down and ordered a slice of pecan pie. I take a deep breath and frown slightly.

The bell on the door ringed, a new costumer has come inside. I look around me and see many smiling faces, 2021 has been...alright.

I look back down and lean my head against my palm. I felt someone's eyes on me, I open my eyes and see a woman with chocolate skin, grey hair, and soft freckles.

"Lyra Ana Ace, also formally known as Anais M. Ace. I've been trying to locate you." The woman says in a kind voice.

"Yeah, I figured someone was." Lyra muttered to herself, she had a dream once that a woman found her and reminded her of the prophecy.

"A demon and an angel, morphed together. I see no evil in you, child. All I see is pain." The woman softly points out.

"Both worlds haven't been so kind to you, have they?" She asked, Lyra big her lower lip. "Afraid not, ma'am."

The woman reached for Lyra's hands. "You will do great things, you will be the one to bring peace." The woman whispered.

"I'm scared, ma'am." Lyra softly says after a long pause. "Why?" The woman asked, "I feel like I won't be able to save Heaven."

"I'm only one person." Lyra added, "I always thought I was weak, every time I look myself in the mirror I see a little girl."

The woman slightly frowned, "I was torn by pieces for years, only to be pieced back together." Lyra says as she looked back down.

"I just want this life to be better.....I just want to be better." Lyra whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

"Baby, you are better. You really need to give yourself some credit." The old woman says, "Have faith in yourself, Ana. You made it this far, what's to say that you won't again?"

"I'm afraid I'll die, ma'am." The woman softly smiled, "I was too."
___________________________________

Lyra walked back to her apartment, she let out a sigh and exhale sharply. She was beyond terrified, she was scared she won't save anyone.

Maybe Lucifer will win, he is stronger than her. And powerful.

Lyra sunk down on her door, feeling tears stream down her cheeks. She sniffles, "God." She whispered as she clutched her chest.

"Why me?" She asked herself, "Why us?" She corrected herself.