perfection

| | CHAPTER FOUR | |
Perfection

"Our art is our joy, our pathway to natural healing. It is not a thing to judge or measure by imaginary yard-sticks- It is the seeds of our minds that grow and help us navigate our way toward happiness and ideal health. It is our right to be as free as the bird and wind. It may be frustrating, it may bring insecurity, it may bring pain- yet this is how the mind unites and creativity becomes a bonfire to illuminate our way."

song recs:
Adore ~ Suggi
Day Dreaming ~ Jack & Jack

"Aphrodite?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded. Jungkook was hyperaware of the fact that he led him to an empty classroom and no students or teachers would be coming this way for another 30 minutes.

"Like t-the Greek goddess?" Taehyung nodded again. "You call being able to look however the people around you want you to a curse? I'd love that, everyone would be trying to tell me what I look like and I'd just be like" he plastered a tight lipped smile on his face, scrunched his nose and narrowed his eyes. "No~"

Taehyung blinked. He didn't expect Jungkook to believe him so quickly. In the 21 years he's been alive, he had never met anyone that saw him for what he truly looked like. He's changed his appearance three times in his entire lifetime and people still saw what they wanted to. Of course this was a curse. Why could Jungkook see him how he really was?

"I find you beautiful," the boy answered when Taehyung asked, once again, how he looked to him, "your hair is amazing, truly drew me in the second I first saw you, your eyes are dark yet full of such brightness and - frankly -I like my guys taller than me."

Taehyung laughed at that, though he was honestly beyond shocked.

Never,

ever,

ever,

had he been someone's ideal type.

Exactly how he was, nothing different, everything the same. He was perfect how he was in this boys mind. So, before he could even consider putting them on hold, tears raced down his cheeks.

Jungkook panicked. He raised his hands to wipe his tears but hesitated, he opened his mouth to speak but hesitated, he reached his arms out for a hug but hesitated. How the hell - why was he crying all of a sudden? How does he stop it? Is it his fault? Maybe it was something he said?

After a bit more panicking, he realized that Mr. Kim's tears were, in fact, tears of happiness. Why was he happy-sweating? "A-are you ok?" Jungkook stuttered out.

The man sniffled and nodded wildly, his hair bouncing up and down with each movement. "No-Nobody's ever seen m-me for h-how I a-actually loo-look." Jungkook finally decided to pull him in for a hug. Awkward on his end but comfortable on the others. He laid his forehead on his shoulder, drenching it with his tears.

"Are you ok now?" Jungkook asked gently.

"Yeah." He said. "I'm okay." He pulled away from the boy and stared at him like he couldn't believe he was here. Like he had been waiting just for him his whole life, and now here he was. "Be my boyfriend." He said simply, almost sounding like he was demanding him.

Jungkook blinked and his mouth hung open. "What?"

"Be my boyfriend."

"But. . . you're a teacher. I mean I'm almost 19 but it's still odd. . ."

Taehyung frowned. "So? You are the first person in years that's seen me for how I really look, don't you think that means something?"

Jungkook considered, "How about special friend?"

"Do I get to talk to you and see you whenever I want?"

"Uh- . . . maybe?"

"Good enough for me," he scooped Jungkook up in his arms and spun around, while Jungkook hung on for dear life.

After a second, Jungkook spoke. "Do. . . Do I get to draw you?"

Taehyung stopped in his tracks and raised a brow at the boy that was hilariously clinging to him like his life depended on it. "Draw me?"

Jungkook nodded quickly, "I like drawing interesting things," He wanted to say pretty things, but his brain didn't let him.

Taehyung just stared at him for a solid minute. "Honey, you can craft my finger out of trash if you want."

Jungkook smiled a bright smile and jumped out of his teachers arms. He grabbed a hold of his big hand and led him back to the cafeteria to get his drawing notebook. If he was going to draw this beautiful man, he was probably going to need every page his book had to offer. This had to be perfect, absolute perfection. Cause that's what he was, he was perfection. Definitely crafted by the hands of Aphrodite herself. He would take his time but make sure everything was just right.

Jungkook had never felt special or different, he felt like John Doe, completely ordinary. Blending right in with the rest of the boring crowd. But for some reason. . . he felt special? Don't get him wrong he wasn't trying to sound arrogant. Why was he the only person Taehyung met that saw him exactly how he really looked? Was Taehyung really everything he looked for in a man? Shit, if that was true then he's glad he doesn't to search for his one and only soulmate.

I mean, Aphrodite led him right to him without even making it too obvious. If the red string was tied to both of their fingers then I guess Jungkook and Taehyung are stuck together, even if they don't get together. Jungkook knew one thing for sure, he'd draw this boy every chance he got.

 Jungkook knew one thing for sure, he'd draw this boy every chance he got

Thanks for reading this story~

I love the Aphrodite stuff, honestly I find it very interesting that she looks like what you yourself finds the most beautiful.

Again, thanks for reading this short mess
peace 3>

Me editing (4/3/22)
Hi there, it's ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴅɪɴᴏsᴀᴜʀ. So I took down all my stories for editing and I realized some of them. . . Are a bit weird. Most won't be coming back.
However, I'm bringing this one back because people liked it. Enjoyed it.
I didn't change much, just fixed some grammar and took out things that didn't make sense.
I'm still a little confused by this chapter and Taehyung randomly asking Jungkook to be his boyfriend, but I won't change it.
This is an older work for a reason and it's nice to see something I can compare newer things to.

Anyway, again, thanks for reading and - if you did - enjoying my writing. Have a nice day!