Chapter 5 - A First Friend

If you want me to sum up the details of my five hour flight, I'll give you a bullet pointed list:

•awkward trips to the bathroom, stepping over the stranger - who's name is Luke.
•a lot of deep breathing to settle my anger
•taking my shoes off to be comfortable
•repeatedly turning down the steward's offer of a hot drink
•putting my shoes back on because I didn't like being exposed
•watching a very inaccurate TV show about teenagers becoming werewolves.

So by the time the plane had landed and we were given the all clear to move, I was more than ready to get my backpack and get away from the mouth breather who has mumbled every bit of dialogue spoken in the million episodes of 'Friends' he watched.

"I didn't catch your name," he asked, sliding his shoes back on and standing from his seat; blocking my quick getaway.

"Good for you, captain obvious." I glared straight ahead and waited for him to get the idea and move.

"And while you're at it, maybe I could get your number?" He propped his elbow on the headrest of the seat and gave me what would normally be considered a charming smile.

"No. Now, please move out of my way. I would like to get my bag." My foot tapped on the floor repeatedly.

"You know, I've always loved the chase." He lent forward just a little, but it was too close.

I lurched forward, punching him in the stomach and jabbing him in the ribs with my elbow. Not a powerful enough move to damage but it'll wind him while I get my bag and get off the plane.

Nobody spared a second glance as I swerved past the coughing asshole, got my backpack from the overhead locker and followed the now thinning crowd of humans getting off the plane.

My levels of agitation didn't settle as I followed procedure through customs and baggage claim. Such tight spaces and huge crowds weren't a good combo for me on a regular day. I cannot wait until I am safely in wolf territory.

I'm finding the nearest training space or open forest and letting out all of this anger.

As I exited the gate, my eyes scanned the space space for my new escort; Luna Bethan had told me they would be waiting here with my name on a sign seeing as I wouldn't know who they were.

In just a few seconds, I spotted Rayna Mitchell scrawled across a white piece of card. I stepped towards the woman holding it in front of her body and offered her the best version of a smile I could pull off as my mind was practically consumed in frustration and anger.

"I'm assuming you mean Reyna Michaels? If not this just got very awkward." I gave her a lopsided grin that fell once I saw her scrunch up her nose.

It looked as if she had smelt something that intrigued her as her brows furrowed and her chin lifted. But she shook her head and put on a smile once again, as if the past four seconds hadn't just happened.