[ CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR ]

2010, Mystic Falls

       After their more than entertaining trip to the Mystic Grill, Rebekah and Astrid had returned to the mansion- not before grabbing a quick bite

       After their more than entertaining trip to the Mystic Grill, Rebekah and Astrid had returned to the mansion- not before grabbing a quick bite. Rebekah had gleefully announced that a surprise was waiting for them back at the mansion, much to Astrid's curiosity.

She hadn't been sure what to expect upon returning to the mansion- a flash car, diamond encrusted jewellery or the deeds to a rustic wooden house on the sandy beaches of Bora Bora- however, she had been ever so slightly disappointed when she'd found two human girls adorned in tunics awaiting for them.

Rebekah had excitedly announced they were to have manicures and pedicures in preparation of the ball before the easily amused blonde had plopped onto the sofa, kicking off her crimson Louboutin's in the process.

As Rebekah wiggled her toes expectantly at one of the skittish beauticians before dipping them in the foot spa of hot water, the blonde pulled out her phone, fingers tapping the buttons till music began to blare out of Rebekah's phone.

The music was rowdy and unappealing to Astrid's ears, but she made no complaint as she tried to adapt to modern music.

Following her close friends lead, Astrid kicked off her heels before gently lounging back beside Bekah.

Reclining back against the sofa Niklaus was beginning to call his bed, a soft sigh left Astrid's lips as the nervous beautician gently guided her feet into the scented water.

The water was lukewarm, the perfect temperature, while potent rose petals floated along the surface of the water.

Judging from the water itself, along with the strong array of scents tickling Astrid's nose, different oils and lotions had been added to the water, the once clear water a milky white.

Astrid however, rather liked the smell, feeling her shoulders relax as she began to drown out the world around her. She barely even noticed Finn getting his tuxedo fitted, the eldest of them all watching them with confusion.

As if feeling his puzzled gaze. Rebekah glanced at Finn for the first time since entering the room, sending her eldest brother a small smile as he stood stiffly by the side.

Gaze fluttering to Finn, Astrid sent him a soft smile. She'd never been particularly close to Finn, in fact even when they'd been humans, Astrid had said nothing but a few parting words to him.

The only real conversation the two had experienced had been when Astrid had lost her sweet Ivar, when Finn had spoken up about his own loss.

It seemed Finn, even to this day, was the sort of person who kept his cards close to his chest, showing little emotion- perhaps that was something Mikael had encouraged. He'd always bullied Niklaus for showing emotion, or weakness as the cruel Viking had called it.