Completely and Utterly World-Shattering

Bad only lived about half an hour away. That meant that he didn't have to stay with us. He could just drive back home. That was a relief as we didn't actually have anywhere else for someone to sleep, and apparently it was also a relief for Sapnap, who was quick to ask Bad if he could crash with him. Obviously, Bad being the person he is, said yes.

That left me and Dream alone. All the time. The only times we weren't were when Sapnap and Bad came over for dinner. And even that was sporadic. Sometimes Bad would be too busy to drive all the way to Dream's place. Other days they streamed together and Dream and I would watch it in silence on his phone.

Even though we had been left alone multiple times before—sharing a bed, going up to the hill under the stars, even just talking late at night— this time was different. We had never been left alone for a whole day, or three, or a week. Now that Sapnap was gone, there was no one to go to except Dream. And he was intimidating.

I wasn't quite sure how. He was just Dream; the silly dork who shot milk out of his nose when nobody even said anything funny. He was the easiest person to talk to. Mainly because he never judged. At least on actual serious topics.

But as he sat next to me in bed playing on his phone, I couldn't bring myself to say anything. It was almost like I was starstruck despite him being my best friend.

I had an idea of why that was, but I chose not to think too much on it. Mainly because if it were true and I dwelled on it for a moment too long, I'd probably spontaneously combust.

"Why are you staring?" He looked up at me, and my eyes immediately tore away from him and went to anything else I could find in the pitch black house.

"I'm not," I said, my entire body growing hot.

He blinked and said nothing in response for a moment. After what felt like a whole minute, he said,"You know, You've been acting weird lately," and threw the covers off himself and looped around his bed to his his closet. He opened it. "Come on, get up."

"Why?" I asked.

He turned to me and tossed me his green sweater. After grabbing another jacket, he walked over to the corner of the bed and picked Patches up.

"We're going to the park."

I looked over at the digital clock beside me. It was barely past twelve.

"Why?"

He looked at me, although I could barely make out his outline. I could just feel it.

"To loosen up. Come on." He threw open his bedroom door and walked out.

I followed, pulling his thick green sweater over my head as we walked down the hall. It was completely silent. Sapnap's snoring was no longer there. I kind of missed it. At least then I knew he was still there.

"Do you miss Sapnap?" He asked as if he read my mind. He walked me through the living room. Sapnap had taken Checkers, leaving the corner next to the couch empty and lifeless.

"Yeah. He really ditched us for Bad."

He laughed, opening the front door and holding it open for me.

"Wow, so gentleman-like of you," I said, and he let out a soft wheeze.

"Only for you, m'lady," He said.

"Oh, my God," I said, laughing. He did the same for the car door.

He did the same thing he did last time. He sat in the drivers seat and placed Patches down in his lap. Except this time, before starting the car, he turned to me.