Out Of Control.

OUT OF CONTROL.

Popping a lolly into his mouth, Lucious took the elevator down to the ground floor of Empire with Webb beside him. He was more than ready to retire for the night. Jeff had royally screwed up with Empire. He'd done worse than Hakeem...and that's saying something. Their respect in the streets was in the gutter, their financial situation was a mess on top of a mess and investors were hesitant about keeping their stock in the company. Lucious needed one night of clear-headedness to be able to formulate a plan to save his legacy. Hopefully, Cookie would be able to get the money Eddie had stolen back from the Panamanian bank. At least then, money troubles would be near the bottom of Lucious' ninety-nine problems.

A tender smile curved up onto his lips when he saw his wife in the conference room, passing a folder to a member of Empire's A&R team before brushing her hair behind her shoulder, and rolling her shoulders back. He tipped his head to the side as he watched her dismiss them with a wave of the hand. They'd been clashing. Cookie's attitude toward him with something else these days, so today he'd made it his mission to stay out of her way. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. Lucious hoped that with a little space today, Cookie would fall into his arms and all would be good between them again. However, his hopes were crushed when she picked up her bag and turned around to meet his gaze. Her lips downturned into a frown of annoyance as she quickly averted her eyes and sauntered out of the conference room, making her way toward him seemingly reluctant.

She cut her eye at him and strolled past him to the exit without a word of acknowledgement. Lucious sighed. How long was she gonna stay mad at him? It's not like he had a baby on her, or keep it a secret that he had a baby with some crack whore. He had no idea! How was she gonna hold something against him that he had no knowledge of it less than a few months ago? Women! They just don't make no damn sense. Lucious sucked the lolly with a slow shake to the head and trailed behind his wife, tilting his head to the side to watch her ass jiggle in the loose-fitting dress hugging her curves with unintentional seductiveness.

When they got back home, Lucious reached his hand out to rest on her lower back as they sauntered up the steps, but Cookie immaturely quickened her pace and ascended up the stairs. Lucious tucked at his tie, feeling hot. Maybe they just needed to fuck. Release all the pent-up tension. Make-up sex with Cookie was something else. Always had been, always will be. But the likely hood of getting a woman that now looked repulsed whenever he touched her to let him fuck the anger out of her was slim to none. He knew the fact another woman had carried his seed was messing with her mind. Tracy had given him his firstborn son...a title Cookie had exclusively held for so many years with pride. In one moment, it was publicly snatched away from her and she couldn't hack it. The loss of control, the humiliation, and the disbelief that Lucious had 'no idea' he'd gotten some strawberry bitch pregnant.

Sinking down onto the ottoman, Lucious stroked his beard. "Can we talk now, baby?" He asked, gently, hoping not to get another vicious; 'Shut yo' ass up.' He just wanted to make things right with her. He felt completely out of touch at Empire today without her by his side. He missed being with his wife. Being her husband wasn't just a title to him, it was a privilege. Something he no longer took for granted after being without her for so long.

Pulling the dress over her head, Cookie glanced over her shoulder at him. "Talk about what?" She questioned, playing dumb. Lucious sighed, foreseeing where this conversation was going to go...nowhere because his woman was stubborn and unforgiving.

"Us."

Cookie rolled her eyes skyward as she unclipped her bra and tossed it onto the floor. Lucious licked his lips at the sight of her perky breasts. He missed loving on her body like there was no tomorrow. "Look, man, I'm tired." She mumbled, avoiding his probing gaze as she continued to get undressed. "Whatchu wanna talk about, Lucious? The fact you got some white neighbourhood bicycle pregnant. Got the whole world laughing like I'm stoopid? Chicken head." Lucious' eyebrows furrowed. "Chicken head of the decade!" She shook her head with a humorless chuckle passing her lips. "That's what black twitters calling me." She mused with a bitter hum. "So, whatever you think we should talk about, I don't want to." She snapped, curling up her bottom lip with disdain.