Chapter 14: Christian

"You are a genius." Christian sputtered where he stood underneath the varanda of the guys house. He hesitated, arms at his sides as he was pulled into a hug. Not intimate or emotional but..warm? As if it were the physical equivalent of 'im glad you're here'.

It may not have been a big deal to some people but to Christian well, he'd never expected or received a welcome like that. Never had a person who cared enough to initiate and manage to make him feel anything but awkward and angry. Yet somehow, Kyle had.

"What?" He had managed once the guy pulled away. Kyle only shook his head, gesturing for them to enter. "Come on, we'll talk inside with the guys."

"..the guys? As in plural?"

Christian stared blankely at the man as they entered the lavish room they would be holed up in for the next few hours. He gestured with a thumb to a nearby window he was heavily considering throwing himself out of. Kyle nudged his hand away, not caring to decipher his cry for help.

"Sup." DaKarie stated, draped carelessly across a leather love seat. He eyed the man with a cautious gaze. He didn't respond, taking in the two other figures in the room. One firmly built and the other with 4 eyes. They both had mops of brown on their head and gave him awkward looks that once again had him considering his escape route.

"Glasses. Your the computer kid, yeah?"

"Yes, sure. Uh nice to meet you." He gave a friendly smile, reaching out a hand to shake. Christian ignored the way it seemed to force slightly on his lips. He eyed the hand, not really caring to accept but his thoughts drifted back to the korean behind him. He took it loosely after a moment.

"So whose this?" He grew defensive at the uninvited guest. The guy perked up at his mentioning, stepping forward and clapping him on the back as if they were familiar.

"Xa-
"Kyle, can I speak to you?" The guy frowned a little. JJ patted his shoulder in turn. He dragged Kyle away, looking to him for an answer to whoever the fuck that was.

"Its Xavier."

"Yeah, I got that. Why the hell is he here? Did you tell him?"He fought a slight bit of regret at the taken aback look on the guy's face.

"Of course not." He stated easily, reassuring him. "But he has some idea about my father. He thinks I'm planning something and he wants to help. He's worried, it was hard to talk him out of it."

"That's sweet and all but I don't see how this is any of his business." Kyle nodded yet the frown on his lips deepend. "Its not. Just say the word and he's gone."

"I-.." He tried. His brain told him no. There were already far too many witnesses to his metaphorical castration, he didn't need another. Yet the word never came.

They sent Xavier to a corner, whispering among themselves of how to break the news to the guy, if there were any details that could be spared. JJ continued to suggest it was a hell of a lot to process, given he had very recently just found out. It needed to be delivered with patience and tact, Kyle agreed. DaKarie and him eyed one another then, seeming to have agreed on something for once.

"My father is a rapist. Of me, of kids, of..their ex, whatever he was. And Glasses is gonna hack into some hospitals and gather some evidence so we can put him in jail. Are you in or out?"

"Uh...what?"

Some time later, they were all hunched over the home offices computer as JJ crouched, typing away at the keys in digital codes that made zero sense to the rest of them.

"Dude, are you sure you know what you're doing? What if you get like, tracked or something and the FBI just comes kicking the door in, guns blazing?" DaKarie tsked, annoyed that Xavier was doubting the kids skill.