31

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed the double update and thank you once again for 5k reads.

I love you.

~Alex

●●●●●

The airport was crowded more than usual as I lugged my suitcase behind me, practically sprinting towards the gate. I was far too late and knew that Harry probably thought I wasn't coming.

"Wait! Don't close the door yet!" I yell at the two flight attendants with their hands on the handle. I quickly hand them my ticket, telling them a quick sorry that I was so late, before rushing onto the airplane and frantically looking for my seat and a head of curls.

My heart stops as I see him bent with his head down, his face in his hands as his shoulders shake lightly. Only a person who looked at him closely enough would be able to tell that he was crying, but I knew him well enough now to know that he was.

He sat in the middle of the three-row seats, both chairs on either side of him empty. Messy curls framed his beautiful head while his shoulders continued to shake with each silent sob that racked his body. The atmosphere surrounding him was sad and dull, not a single ray of sunshine poking through the clouds. Just sadness.

"Is this seat taken?" I ask timidly, chewing on the inside of my cheek from nervousness.

"Oh, erm," Harry says quickly, wiping away his tears as he keeps his head down, "No. It's not. Would you like the window seat?"

"Thanks," I reply softly, stepping in front of him and sitting down beside him. He's still yet to notice that it's me, too busy trying to conceal the fact that he had been crying. I remain silent for a few more seconds, watching him as he once again buries his face into his hands while taking in ragged breaths. "Why are you crying, Capolavoro?"

The second the word capolavoro leaves my lips, Harry's head snaps up to meet my eyes. His eyes were the saddest I had ever seen them, redness and tears painting his face like a beautiful piece of art. "Flower," he chokes out before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him, burying his head into the crook of my neck as he lets out silent sobs.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Please stop crying," I murmur softly into his ear, feeling a few of my own tears make their way down my cheeks.

"Flower. My Flower. You're here," he whispers while squeezing me even tighter, "I thought you weren't coming. Oh, god, Flower. I love you. I love you."

And just like that, I became putty in his arms, "I love you, Capolavoro. So much."

He pulls his head away and takes my face in his hands before kissing me with so much passion I was sure my heart would explode. My whole body instantly relaxed as I felt his lips mold with mine, sunshine, and happiness dancing their way right back into our lives now that we were once again in each other's arms.

"Say it again," he breathes against my lips.

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you, Harry Styles."

"I love you, Aurora Honeycutt."