8.

That's all we need.                                           A promise of hope.                        Is enough to feel free.

HARRY'S POV:

    A few days ago I finally cracked the code on her. Well, not fully... Not even halfway. I just got in deep enough to where she actually tolerates being around me, and I'd call that progress. Every day since that day though it's been raining, meaning she hasn't been outside, and I haven't seen her. She made it clear, her sitting outside was an open invite for me to come... but the aspect of seeing her inside is a gray area.

It's been bothering me though.. I keep wondering if she's bored, or what she's doing. Does she binge watch shows? Movies? Does she read books, or write just for fun? Maybe she sings, or... or plays with her dog. I have no idea, so the only answer I have is to call my sources of information. So I go to the group chat, and press the group call button, waiting for an answer, hopeful I'll get it,

"Hello?" I hear Andrea's voice.

"You know you don't have to call both of us. We're together every hour of the day, especially over summer." Jalyn speaks.

"Okay, I'll remember from here on out." I tell her.

"What happened? Is Ster okay?" Jalyn asks, and I sigh.

"I'm not really sure. I went out and hung out with her outside the other day, and it was really nice, but then it's been raining everyday since so I haven't seen her, and I don't know what to do." I tell them.

"Um... Knock on her door?" Andrea speaks out, and I sit there. That's definitely a good option.

"Why didn't you think of that? Aren't you really smart?" Jalyn asks.

"No... I'm not smart, obviously." I mumble to myself.

"Harry... You could just text her." Andrea speaks out.

"I would do that if I had her phone number but I don't... She lives next door so I never saw a point in it." I tell them.

"Okay well now you see that there is a point. So, walk over to her house, hangout with her, get her number, and get your girl." Jalyn tells me.

"She's not my girl." I correct her.

"Not yet." She speaks almost as if she didn't want me to hear it.

"Listen... I'm still learning how to speak to her... To anyone here for that matter. I just want to be her friend." I confirm.

"Yeah, that's not true. So let me give you some advice... Compliment her. She's very to herself, but I'll let you in on a secret. If she's happy about the compliment her eyes are going to shift down, but come right back up to look at you. Then she'll brush it off.. Just make sure you compliment her." Andrea speaks out.

"Just be nice, and not too intrusive. If she wants you to know something she'll tell you." Jalyn speaks out.

"Oh, and-"

"Okay, okay... I've got it." I laugh, shutting them up.

"Is that all you needed?" Andrea asks.

"Yes, thank you guys." I speak out.

"Tell us how it goes! Good luck!" She says her goodbyes, and I hang up the phone. I look down at the phone screen, and then click it off, looking up into my bedroom. This is a casual outfit, it's good enough to go and see her right? Jeans and a tshirt... Maybe I should put a flannel over it? No, I don't want her to think I'm trying too hard... Why would I be wearing a flannel just to causally stop by? Maybe she likes flannels though.. But I don't really know much about what she likes...Why isn't there a textbook on Sterling King?