ⓧ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 // 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐲

"Will you call me to tell me you're alright?

'Cause I worry about you the whole night"

Safe Inside ~ James Arthur

It had taken all of Logan's willpower to refrain from going after Johanna. To keep his feet grounded as she walked away. And he regretted his decision —constantly reminding himself that his mate was out there, wandering the busy streets of New York... without him by her side. But hey, she's smart, Logan reassured himself. She can take care of herself. But the Wolverine knew better, growling, ain't that supposed to be our job, bub?

Shaking his head, Logan let out a bitter laugh. 

Confined in his room, Logan laid on his bed for what seemed like hours, torturing himself with the many possibilities of what Johanna could be doing at every hour, every minute, and every second.

When Logan had made his appearance in the dining hall, he sat alone, far away from everyone else. Tonight, the chef had prepared a nice sirloin steak meal, served with mushrooms, gravy, and mashed potatoes. But Logan couldn't bring himself to take a bite, his food growing colder, and his root beer untouched.

"Hey, big brother," Laura awkwardly smiled, sitting in the seat in front of him.

Logan gritted his teeth, glancing up from his plate, before furiously looking off into the distance; stranded in thought. His shoulders were slumped, arms tightly crossed. He was definitely brooding, and Laura knew why.

"So... girl problems?" Laura asked, in mock seriousness.

"Listen kid," Logan began. "I'm not in the mood to talk right now—"

"Tough shit," Laura interrupted. "So spill it. What's going on with you?"

Logan cocked a brow. "Don't you have any other stupid friends you can annoy somewhere else?" Logan asked harshly, internally wincing after he'd uttered the words don't you; but he just couldn't manage to stop after that.

"Ouch," Laura winced, dramatically. "If I didn't have a healing factor, that would've really hurt. But oh well." She shrugged her shoulders and took a big bite of her steak, smirking; knowing just how to further seal the deal on getting Logan talk to her: making him feel even guiltier.

"I guess I could hang out with my friends," Laura suggested. "But... their table seems to be a little bit... crowded at the moment," she said sarcastically, pointing her slender finger towards the far, deserted and pathetic-looking table near the windows.

Logan looked away, mumbling a gruff I'm sorry.

It pained him to know that Laura didn't have any friends —except maybe Milo or Henry; taking after Logan's antisocial tendencies. It really proved just how much she really was his sister. His blood.