VI. QUIDDITCH SCARES

╔═══════════════════╗VI

VI. QUIDDITCH SCARES
╚═══════════════════╝

20 February, 1976
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
The Quidditch Pitch/Hospital Wing

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

REGULUS BLACK WAS a brilliant Seeker, and anyone would be a fool to deny it. He had the perfect build for the position, being naturally slim and having astute observation skills. Other House members, particularly the quidditch-maniac Gryffindors, often denied this, scoffing out, "He's alright, I guess," but that was putting it lightly, and there was no saying otherwise when you looked at the countless amount of wins he'd gotten the Slytherin Quidditch team.

The whole of Slytherin House cheered for their players, but only one person really mattered to Regulus.

It was always easy to spot this person, as they were always the speck of green among the sea of red and gold. The girl was usually sat with her brother and his group of friends during games, and on days where Slytherin was playing Gryffindor, she would wear a red and gold scarf with a green hat.

James was against the green hat during his quidditch games, but Eloise wore it anyway, claiming that she couldn't not support one of them.

The Potter girl owned a Slytherin hat and scarf that were reserved for Quidditch matches Regulus played in. She'd long been used to the looks she got for sitting in the Gryffindor section and cheering for Slytherin. But in all honesty, she couldn't care less.

Regulus and her brother were the only reason she attended Quidditch matches. She could never understand why people found the sport so entertaining.

Currently, Slytherin was playing Ravenclaw, and the weather was . . . well, not ideal. The cold numbed Eloise's hands, and it was nearly impossible to see what was going on during the match, courtesy of the rain.

"SLYTHERIN SEEKER, REGULUS BLACK, HAS SPOTTED THE SNITCH — OH, BUT LOCKHART'S COMING IN CLOSE BEHIND . . . THEY'RE NECK AND NECK! RAVENCLAW BEATER, JOSEPH TILLS, HITS A BLUDGER AT BLACK! WATCH OU—"

The commentator wasn't the only one who screamed "watch out!", but Regulus wasn't able to move out of the way in time. The bludger rammed straight into his side, knocking him right off his broom.

Eloise could swear she felt her heart stop as she watched his body race towards the ground. When he hit, Eloise flinched and turned away, squeezing her eyes shut.