(Chapter 23) All I Wanna Be

Lucinda P.O.V

"Babe I'm freaking out there" I say as I pace up and down.

"It's okay. You'll do fine with or without a familiar" Y/n says in an effort to comfort me.

"Mom told me to wait. So I waited. Now there's only an hour till the Exam and I'm no closer to having a familiar than I was a week ago. I should have just stuck with that stupid owl"

Y/n sits there. Doesn't say anything. Though she looks like she's thinking.

"You trust me, right?" She asks.

"Yeah"

"I've got an idea, stay here" She says as she starts to walk out the room. She quickly pops her head back into the room. "Just checking. It can be any magical creature"

"Yep"

"Okay. You'll do great. Love you" She says as she leaves.

She said she loves me? Oh shit I didn't say it back. What if she hates me now? No calm down. She's not like that. Wait. She loves me? SHE LOVES ME! Oh my Irene I'm freaking out. Okay calm down Lucinda. You've got this. Just focus on the exam for now

Y/n P.O.V

Oh my Irene I just I love you. She didn't say it back. Does she already hate me? I mean that was fast. Wait no she was probably just startled. Also I'm fairly sure she does. I'll figure it out later. First, need to find Aph.

I speed walk down the halls in search of Aph. Since she has a free period now, I head to the lunch hall. Instead, I turn a corner a bump into Laurance.

Bump

"Oh hey Y/n" He greets.

"Yeah hi, sorry but have you seen Aph?" I ask.

"No but I assume she'd be in the lunch hall"

"Thanks" I say as I move to get past him. Suddenly, he grabs my arm and stops me.

"Can we talk quickly" He asks.

"Yeah sure, just as long as it's quick. I'm not being rude I'm just a little short on time" I say hastily.

"Well I know you're with Lucinda so I wanted to say that I'm sorry and I'm gonna stop going after you. If I'm being honest I still like you, but out of respect to you I'm stopping. In fact, I think I'm close to properly moving on" He says sincerely. Something about the way he said it and the words he used makes me trust him. I think he's genuinely moved on.

"Well I'm glad Laurance. So who's the lucky girl?" I joke.

"Aphmau" He says shyly.

"Well good for you, just don't try to force things. You already know that doesn't work" I joke, though his expression briefly changed from happiness to anger or frustration. Jealousy? I brush it off. "Anyway I gotta shoot off. Good luck Laurance" I say as I run off.

Laurance stays silent.

I continue down the halls till I eventually reach the lunch hall. I look over and see Aph chatting with Garroth.

"Hey guys" I greet.

"Hey" Aph says.

"Hi baby sister" Garroth sings.

"I would go over all the normal formalities but I'm crunched for time. Aph I need some help"

"What with?" She asks.

"Lucinda doesn't have a familiar for the Witches exam, I've got a last minute plan that I could do with some help on. I'll explain on the way"

Aph nods and starts to back away her things.