Chapter 41: The Moon's Mark.

Willow blinked as she stared at the Goddess. "Will you really not tell me?"

"I won't." The goddess blinked back at her.

Willow lowered her gaze and sighed. But then she remembered what the goddess had previously said. "You said that you severed my bond with Hunter before the witch could."

"I did." The goddess nodded.

"My friend, Melody said that the reason behind me getting the cramps was Hunter, it's because he was with Triple at night that I would get the cramps."

"I did indeed sever your bond, but for me to interfere would cause imbalance in the universe, for me to change your fate in the middle would have cause unaffordable repercussion, so when I interfered, the outcome was you hurting every time Hunter was with other girls. But it was supposed to stop when either of you would be marked."

Willow sighed as she wondered if Rowan could actually be her true mate, but then she remembered that Triple had been Rowan's mate previously. "What about Triple?"

"Triple?"

"Is she still Rowan's mate?" Willow clenched her dress with her sweaty palms. She didn't want to ask as she was scared to find out the truth, but she knew that she didn't want to remain in the dark at this point.

The Goddess smiled. "Axel," said the Goddess suddenly. "You may come out."

Willow looked around, expecting to see her father, but she was met with silence. After a long while there was a sound of rustling before Axel emerged from behind the bushes. "Dad?"

"Oh I was just looking for my pen." Said Axel, clearing his throat.

"Did you find it?" The Goddess asked.

"I-" Axel began nervously as he brushed a leaf off his head. "No."

"You know," said the Goddess. "You don't have to be so guarded against me, I won't hurt my very own granddaughter."

"I know that." Said Axel. "I was just worried that you would send her away without informing me."

The Goddess silently stared at her son, before she said, "I wouldn't have done that. But now that you've mentioned it, I think it's time for Willow to leave."

"But you haven't yet—" Willow was cut off.

"Leave? So soon?" Axel exclaimed.

"You know, she shouldn't stay here for long." Said the Goddess blankly.

"But I haven't gotten enough time to talk to her." Said Axel, his face turning red in anger.

Willow felt sad when she heard her father, even she herself wanted to spend a long while with each other, maybe they could paint while catching up with each other, even though she felt like her father knew most of what's happening to her, but she wanted to hear how her father has been for the past year.

"It hasn't been long been long since you last saw her." Said the Goddess.

"But it has, for her."

"How about this," began the Goddess. "You can go visit her in a couple days, anyway you'll have to train her in until she turns eighteen."