185 Transition (3)

Song Jia pursed her lips, and looked at the date picker widget. She changed the date into the 12th century, which she thought to be the era that had the most number of similarities with the quasi-Middle Ages on her second transmigration.

12th century was the period of intellectual renaissance, and also the time period when an explosion of stone castle-building and the construction of some of the most magnificent cathedrals in Europe happened. In terms of material culture and political structure, it was where medievalism or the medieval culture was at its peak. This was the time period before historical cataclysmic events happened, like the Hundred Years War and Black Death.

As the date above the revolving planet changed, the small scale replica of the modern buildings in the 21st century began to deconstruct, becoming shorter and wider. Cement dissolved into bricks and timber, while glass became straw and clay. Trees sprouted all over the land, and highways disappeared. Cars turned into horse carriages.

Just as she predicted, even though it wasn't supposed to be there, Song Jia saw a replica of the abandoned castle where Jin Jia used to live. She even saw the clothes line where she once hung Xiang Feng and Nian Shou's clothes to dry.

Song Jia, "..."

She waved her hand and the hologram of the sales attendant instantly appeared.

"Hello once again, customer #99013148875! What can we do for you today?"

Song Jia pointed at the small planet. "Can you tell me who designed this?"

The sales attendant turned her attention towards it, scanning the small planet with her eyes. "I'm sorry, customer #99013148875, but that information is classified. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

Song Jia hesitated and asked, "How much is this?"

A few minutes later, Song Jia left the mall.

Her face was blank, as if she had been struck by lightning.

As expected...

She really shouldn't have asked, ah. That price could directly kill people.

Her soul nearly did an astral projection all on its own.

...

The seminar was held early in the morning, and the speaker was a professional transmigrator who had been in the industry for years. The conference theater was only halfway full. It was because the seminar was going to be held twice, with one in the real world and one in virtual reality using their online avatars.

It was done so that professional transmigrators from other far off star systems could also participate.

"886!" The senior transmigrator that had invited Song Jia to the seminar patted the seat next to her.

As soon as Song Jia sat down, she gave her a thin tablet. "The speaker for today's seminar distributed this a while earlier. Take a look at it."

Song Jia glanced down. The head title, which was in bold letters, instantly caught her eye.

"Male God Ranking?" she asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. Don't bother to look at the ranks from C to F, they're usually harmless to us transmigrators. It's the ones ranked B and above that we should pay attention to. The seminar's topic for today is about them."

Song Jia nodded. She was also interested in the existence of this so-called 'male gods.' Even though her missions didn't directly involve them, they were usually integral to the mission's success.