🎭 . . chapter six.

( ❑❑❑ )

yuta rushed to the cafe table he and choi raeil agreed to meet up at, greeting her in a regardful way before pulling the unoccupied chair backwards.

"sorry i'm late," he scoffed before continuing, "finances."

the female chuckled in return, resting her elbows on the table to converse in a more comfortable sitting position. "you better be quick. it's been ten minutes after my break and moonyoung's called me for the twelfth time already, oh god, talk about clingy girlfriend vibe."

both erupted in a momentary fit of laughter before the ambiance of seriousness between them was regained.

"well actually, i wanna . . kinda talk about her. is it okay with you?" yuta asked, receiving a nod of approval which served as an ideal response.

"her complexity an excellent topic if i might say."

"yeah and her complexity keeps me up at night," he said. "you see, she knocked on my door at eleven-ish in the evening soaked in rain and crying like some lost puppy. the highlight though was . . how she told me everything. she has a shit ton of problems and that's a given, but somehow her vibe was different this time. and the fact that she actually did that is weird all by itself. it's concerning.

 "i just have to ask, has she ever had these kinds of emotional spells with you or something?"

"she cried? to you? legit?" raeil's eyes widened in surprise. "was she drunk?"

"very."

the expression of shock faded, but some remains of it were still plastered. "oh, that says a lot. i haven't seen her full-on drunk before. her tolerance is like, really high so when we drink, she'd be a tad tipsy while i'm passing out like i'm gonna die the next day.

"anyways, what did she tell you?"

yuta then began sharing moonyoung's words into a simpler summarization, occasionally taking a sip of his iced coffee.

". . you know come to think of it, she's like, trapped into a facade? she's not herself. she's not that bossy ass bitch with a cocky smile and a psycho brain she's just . . i don't know, misunderstood? forced?"

"must be really hard."

silence containing melancholy lingered in the background of their presences.

raeil then decided to break it to prevent further awkwardness.

"i get the i wanna help her factor, sir. it's truly unavoidable.

"especially right now when all she's trying to do is push ideal, unhealthy, and untrue standards to herself while she labels it a coping mechanism. that's just tormenting." the words pained the two, gloom overtaking the entirety of their surroundings. "but as hurtful as it sounds . . . i don't think we can do anything."

( ❑❑❑ )

━ 🗒 . . gabi's notes

i love choi raeil,, she's best girl,, she's babie,, and she's my bestie's child,, stan raeil