Eleven

Please do vote and comment :)

Sometimes we wake up in the morning and just lay down in our bed for no reason. Most people scroll through their phones during this time or if they were Noorein Baig then they are scolded for waking up late, although nowadays she was allowed to sleep in because she had no school. But on the other hand, if you were Layla Baig you would wake up feeling empty and anxious, which was pretty much her constant state. She was never at ease anymore. There was a constant gut wrenching feeling in her stomach. She felt nervous a lot. Today was even worse because today she was going to attend a lunch party with His Highness, Prince Mustafa and tomorrow would be the wedding of the century, not her words, it was termed so by various media portals.

Layla was studying continuously since the past five days about world politics with Mahira Rauf, her personal assistant and saviour. Layla thought of her as her personal saviour sent by Allah. Mahira Rauf was not a force to be reckoned with. She was a twenty-five years old woman, who possessed the attitude of an erupting volcano and knowledge of a thousand years old sage. She was the most knowledgeable and intelligent person Layla had ever met, no doubt about it. If there ever was a real Hermione Granger then Mahira Rauf would be it.

Layla's outfit was already decided and ready for the day. It was sent over by Tara Sinha. A made in Mughlaan outfit, the kurta and salwar were white in colour, the cloth was silk while the chiffon dupatta was royal blue. It was minimal and sophisticated, exactly what Layla liked. She was going to pair it with a two layered pearl choker. Her make-up was done by a professional today.

Layla was revising whilst getting. She felt more nervous for this party than she did for her macroeconomics final exam a few months ago. While curling her hair she burnt her little pinky finger by mistake. Fuck, of course more bad things are happening to me. Layla thought.

She had no time to put anything on her wound because her ride was already here so she left it at that, she had more pressing matters to attend to, like getting embarrassed in front of world leaders.

Mahira was waiting for her in the car. She was wearing an all-black outfit consisting of Kurta and trousers with a red dupatta. She was devoid of any jewellery except for small oxidised jhumkas. Her hair was tied in a ponytail.

"Assalamualaikum, Ma'am." Mahira greeted Layla.

"I have told you many times to not refer to me as Ma'am, Mahira. Please just call me Layla." They had this same conversation countless times this past week.

"Okay, at least until tomorrow. After that you cannot stop me from following protocols." Mahira replied. No one in the world would dare stop Mahira Rauf from following rules and regulations. She was a stickler for rules.

She continued, "His Highness, Prince Mustafa and Prince Ahad are waiting for you at the venue."

Layla nodded. She could not trust herself to speak anymore. Her throat was closing up on her and it felt extremely dry. How could the royals do this every day? How did they know where to look and how to speak in front of so many people?

She had already accepted that she was going to be judged and shamed incessantly for today as this was her first official appearance as a part of the royal family of Mughlaan.

"Layla, you have no reason to worry. You are not going to be alone, we will all be there. Besides, you know everything you need to. You are a very smart woman." Mahira's comforting gaze made Layla feel a little at ease.

"I just don't want to screw it all up." Layla confessed nervously.

"You won't. I have seen you work so hard these past few days. You are going to be just fine in there. Now take a deep breath and loosen up a little."