Moving Out

Angel was just finished getting dressed when she heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."

It was Alastor.

"Oh, hello Alastor. Hope you enjoyed the show." Angel said.

"I did, actually. I never thought modern songs could be remade into Vintage-style. Guess I'll have to experiment with it some more."

"So what brings you here?" Angel said as she stood up from her dresser, wearing jeans and a simple shirt.

"A little bird told me that you were looking for a place to move into, am I right?" Alastor asked with a smile.

"Yeah. I found an abandoned mansion outside of town. It still needs work, but I can manage. It's probably big enough to be mistaken for a small hotel. Could house 48 people at most." Angel shrugged.

"Can u be able to afford it, dear?"

"Heh. My dad came from an aristocratic lineage. Along with a ancient noble one. And don't get me started on my own conquests."

"Conquests?"

"Among my people, we had a Right of Conquest rule. When two heads of their respective families face each other in a duel and there are no other heirs, the winner claims all the rights to the losers' wealth and property. Especially if they are dead or incapacitated. Apparently life in prison, or even losing their memory is as incapacitated as we can get. But I always get them in prison. They used to follow a no-good, sinster snake I killed and wanted to avenge him. But I took a great number of their titles." Angel finished her lengthy explanation. She thought Alastor would be bored, but he listened on with his smile on full display.

"And how many titles was it?" He asked.

"Over 25 family titles, give or take." Angel shrugged. "Most of them were ancient noble titles. Meaning they were really wealthy."

"So you can afford the mansion 100 times over, basically."

"And with my potions, business is booming. Being a Cabaret singer is a side hobby for me. Plus I can visit my mom too."

Then suddenly,  Alastor was close to her face, making pause. "What?"

"...Despite what you may have done to get here, I don't sence anything malicious from you. How's someone like you sent to Hell?" Alastor asked, his glowing red eyes Diming a bit and his smile seemed to soften. And Angel swore she saw his ears twitch in a curious position.

"I don't really know myself...Anyway, I need to get settled in the mansion soon." Angel said as she was ready to leave with a single suitcase.

"Oh, if you won't mind, I would like to help!" Alastor offered gaining her attention.

"Help?"

"Of course! I wouldn't be a gentleman if I wasn't offering."

"...Alright then. I just hope you'll be ready for what I can do." Angel said.

"Maybe, maybe not, but I have a feeling it'll be interesting. I'll even get some help to get the mansion fixed." Alastor said as the two of them went to the mansion.

"Who said to get it fixed? I have something to take care of that." Angel said with a grin confusing Alastor.
-------------
Cliffhanger. Need suggestions for the mansion chapter! I plan for Angel to have a magical suitcase to bring her stuff out of to the others shock or even step inside of it. Like in Fantastic Beasts.