𝟑𝟐 - 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐎𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭?

As we reached the Theed city centre, we were greeted by a large crowd of younglings. They were all of different ages, species, and sizes but one thing they had in common at this moment was that they had all come to learn the ways of the Jedi.

I stood comfortably in my finally located Jedi training clothes. Zac stood to the right of me and Anakin on my left with Kayla closely beside him, ofcourse.

Out in this paved clearing, all of the children's eyes gazed up at us in awe as they waited for one of us to begin.

Anakin stepped forward first, greeting the younglings with a few smiling nods.

"Hi, I'm General Skywalker" a sudden, small gasp in unison came from the children, Anakin paused confused at their sudden excitement, then continued "this is commander Zac Starson and Kayla kindred, and general (y/n) (y/l/n)" he said, pointing at each of us in turn.

"So to begin, can someone tell me anything they know about the Jedi? anything at all?" He opened up the question to the already restless group.

A dainty, shy hand rose from crowd "well there is the light side and the dark side of the force?"

"yes, yes, very good!" Anakin praised the little girl.

I must admit, I always admired how good Anakin was with children, so patient and caring towards them.

Before he could start another question however, one of the more confident children spoke up "the Sith use the dark side of the force, they're evil, I hate them!" the little boy yelled, crossing his arms in frustration.

"Well sometimes you have to look deeper, are they really evil? or just lost?"

I started to fiddle with my fingernails as I didn't like the path the conversation was already going down..."YEAH, THE SITH ARE EVIL" another boy called out from the back, completely ignoring Anakin's attempt to calm them down.

A few more joined in "THEY'RE EVIL"

"They ruined everything! They deserve to die!"

"Woah- hey, hey calm down no need to-" Anakin started over to one of the little girls who looked like she was about to burst into tears when instead, her eyes travelled to me and the look she gave was one of pure hatred.

"AND SHE IS ONE OF THEM" she shrieked, pointing her finger at me aggressively.

My eyes widened and jaw dropped as my eyes darted back and forth from Anakin and the little girl "I- um"

It didn't seem like Anakin was going to say anything, so I took a breath and stepped forward towards the girl.

"Y-you're right, I did used to be a Sith, I'm not proud of it but it's what led me here, to the Jedi. It's what made me who I am today, but I'm done with the Sith, forever. okay?"

The girls face had calmed from rage into curiosity "what made you become a Jedi?"

"um-" my eyes travelled over to Anakin, who looked right back at me, an almost sad expression hazing his face.

It was him, he was the reason and he knew it. But with my now boyfriend right behind me, I wasn't about to scream it from the rooftops. So instead, I scrambled my brain for the first response I could think of "I- just knew it was the right thing to do" I answered, rather unconvincingly.

The younglings who seemed to hate me so much only a second ago now once again smiled up at me as they seemingly accepted me, the-Sith-turned-good as a Jedi knight.

After another half-an-hour of inquisitive questions, Kayla split the children into partners as she prepared to demonstrate one of her "signature moves". Unsurprisingly, she chose me as her partner for the receiving end of whatever move she had in mind.