Chapter 8

Gregory's POV

I feel like something's not right, but what?

I woke up to see Rudolph laying on his back, looking at the ceiling, "Rudolph? You're up early" I said with a chuckle. Rudolph turned to me, "Yeah.....Couldn't sleep," Rudolph said, blankly, facing the ceiling again, "Are you okay?" I asked, with a bit of concern, "Like I said couldn't sleep," Rudolph said, with a hint of annoyance. I slowly nodded, "Okay then, I'll leave you be," I said, before drifting off to sleep.

Somethings wrong. This isn't him, waking up really early, he's the one who over sleeps all the time. Something is on his mind. I can feel it....

2 hours later 

"Grandmother, what did I do to deserve this?" Rudolph whispered. This isn't right, Grandmother died hundreds of years ago.

"Rudolph, who are you talking to?" I asked, looking around, "No one," Rudolph quickly said, startled of my sudden question,  "Are you sure? I heard you talking to Grandmother or someone else," I said looking at Rudolph. Rudolph frowned, "Gregory, I said no one," Rudolph softly growled "Rudolph, I'm your brother, as your brother it's my responsibility to know if you're safe and in shape, so you can tell me anything," I said looking at his eyes. Rudolph stood quiet, I waited for his response, "I..Well, it's a thing I do when I'm upset, I talk to Grandmother," Rudolph said, sitting up.

Impossible.....

I sat up too, "Grandmother?" I whispered, looking at Rudolph with worry, "Yes," Rudolph said, looking at me, I shook my head in disbelief, has he gone mental?  Did losing grandmother hit him hard? I gave Rudolph a look. I put a hand in Rudolph's shoulder, "But, Grandmother di-" I said but Rudolph interrupted my sentence, "I know that she's dead, but the day she died her body turned nothing but ashes, so I managed to get some ashes" Rudolph said, looking down at his hands.

I looked down at his hands and saw ashes, I realized that those ashes were the remains of our beloved grandmother.

I stared at them, I felt my eyes sting, I blinked the stinging feeling away.

"So, you talk to Grandmother's ashes?" I asked, looking at Rudolph, "Pretty much," Rudolph responded, with a weak smile, I then gave him a smile too. "It's your thing, if that helps you, then, I can't say anything about that, can I? (Rudolph shook his head) Its also understandable, you were really close to her, to be honest with you, I've probably done the same thing."

"Thank you, Gregory" Rudolph said, with a smile, "No problem, little brother," I said returning the smile.

I patted his shoulder, "Now, go to sleep," I said before laying back down, "Okay," Rudolph said, with a laugh.

(Time skip at Night! When we come alive!!) God that was cringy.

Rudolph's POV 

"Tony dearest, slept well~?" Anna asked, looking at Tony's eyes "I slept well, how about you?" Tony asked, with a smile, I'm not up to hearing this nonsense.

"Father, slept well?" I asked looking at father "Yes, my son, you?" Father asked, "Not much," I responded, rubbing the back of my neck, "Why's that?" Father asked, raising an eyebrow, "I...I don't know (Gregory gave me a look)" I lied. Father slightly smiled, "My son, what you need is breakfast," My father said while going over the window.