Dianna Gallagher AKA my mom.

So my mom was born and raise on New York. My grandpa Michael was a italo-american and my grandma Jane is (she still lives) jewish. My Papa was from new Jersey and Jane (she hates it when I call her grandma, cause she feels old) was from the Upper East Side, so imagine how hard it was. My grandma's parents were rich and so she was like an It Girl, and my grandpa was a simple kid who worked as a newspaper boy, a baker and finally a waiter. He had a schoolarship in a Manhattan school. I think that their history is like a Romeo and Juliet mixed with Gossip Girl, my grandma is like an original version of Serena Van der Woodsen but jewish and brunette, on the other hand my grandpa is like a Dan Humphrey but more awkward and fatter.

My grandparents met in middle school but my grandma's parents never gave my papa a shoot, because he wasn't rich or classy. But my papa never gave up, he worked like crazy and became kind of a geek but finally all his hard work paid off: He got a football schoolarship for PennState and the first day of summer he moved to Pennsylvania so my grandma never saw him again. 6 years later he move back for a job offer in the Roosevelt/St. Luke's hospital as a surgeon, a year later he bought his own apartment in lower Manhattan and started dating this girl named Sarah and almost proposed but when he went to Michael C. Fina to find a ring for hs future fiancee but next to him was a very sofisticated woman buying a necklace, she was tall and with long black hair and with heels so high and expensive that seem that no one can reach her. 

-"Jane?"- My grandpa asked. 

-"Yes?"- She said.

-"Don't you remember me? I'm Michael from Dalton?"- He asked.

-"Oh sure the New Jersey kid! How are you?"- She was so fancy that he went blind for a second.

My grandpa invited her for a cup of coffee to catch up, so they talked and talked for hours. They became really good friends, they had lunch once a week and even start going to the theater together. But everything changed when my grandpa found the perfect ring, he was ready to propose to his girlfriend and so he did, Jane and Michael became best friends and she was invited to the wedding. He even asked her to help him to get ready since he never learn how to do a tie. And that's when she realized... that she love him, that she's been in love with him since they met, since he was her waiter in that restaurant. So she tried to stop that wedding, she confessed her love but it was too late because in less than 30 minutes he'll be married man. 

Jane was determinated to stop that wedding so when the priest asked if anyone wanted to stop the wedding, she raised her hand and said: I AM! The whole church looked at her but she didn't mind, she was firm as a wall. Michael looked at his bride and kissed her on the cheek -"I'm so sorry". He walked towards Jane, hold her hand and started running. 

They quit their New York life and moved to L.A..

2 years later they were married and waiting for their first child... my mom.

My mom is the first child of 3. She was born and raised in L.A., her father was one of the most important surgeon of town an her mom was elite woman. My mom and Jane had all kind of problems because my mom never wanted to be the rich girl rol my grandma want her to play. So she move out of the house and became a waitress (just like papa) and when she finished high school she took a couple of classes to became a paralegal. The first step to became a lawyer, she was a paralegal to pay for college and learn the law game. She got a job in a law firm named McNeal & Lancaster, she was so happy and her boss was amazing with her, he was so great that she fell in love with him. I mean he was handsome, strong and funny, Dianna was amazed that she didn't mind that he was 12 years older than her. Of course my grandparents didn't aprove it but Dianna didn't care, till she got pregnant. They were not married and my mom was too young for a kid. So William (her boyfriend/boss) said that they should get married and so they did. 

Dianna was married with a kid and her life seemed perfect till one day, she caught him cheating on her, with his secretary, on Dianna's bed. She was so angry, so sad but now her priority was Nathan so she left William and asked her parents for help. My grandparents helped their daughter, my grandma was a cold heart but my grandpa was always nice and so kind that he couldn't left her daughter and grandson on the streets. Dianna asked William for the divorce, only the divorce. She didn't wanted the house or the car or anything else, just the divorce. And he didn't have a choice so he singed the papers and never come back (not even to see his son). 

She moved to San Diego and found a new apartment and a new job. It was her and her kid against the world.