Baby Problems

A/N: Hey guys! @Booklover122702 and @DauntlessHerondale4 are both amazing and very talented writers, and it would be great if you check their stories out :) Love you guys!

I AM SO SORRY THIS UPDATE TOOK SO LONG! I don't know what it was, maybe a mixture of writer's block and being busy. Again, sorry! I will be better with updating in the future, I promise.

~~~~

Isabelle was fairly certain babies weren't supposed to eat eyeliner. Or wear high heals on their heads, for that matter. Jace didn't seem to think so either.

"Isabelle!" He exclaimed.

"Maybe she just has a taste for fashion..." She suggested lightly. Jace picked up Lily, glaring at her. "Alright, fine. Maybe I left her alone for a bit. It was only five minutes! And that was my favourite eyeliner-"

"I'm never trusting you with children again," Jace muttered, shaking his head. "You're lucky if I won't tell Clary,"

Lily giggled, clapping her hands together. "D-da... dee,"

"Daddy?"

"Dudu... da dee"-

"What- Aah! Isabelle! Where did all the glitter come from?" Jace coughed, waving his free arm around in an attempt to get it out of his eyes. He looked like a duck, Isabelle observed with amusement.

"But she has to be fabulous!" Magnus said from the doorway.

Lily gurgled.

"Why-"

"Alec!" Magnus said. "Don't look! He's hideous! Glitter doesn't look nearly as good on him as I thought it would..."

"Sorry?" Isabelle said meekly.

Jace grumbled something that didn't sound very flattering, while Lily made more gurgling sounds, which turned into a fit of coughing.

"Lily- What have you done to her?!"

"Nothing, I swear-"

"Magnus the glitter master does not-"

"Shut up! What's happening to-"

Lily spat out a large, crimson chunk of lipstick directly onto Jace's face. It rolled down his forehead in an unappealing ball of spit.

"Alec," He cried out. "Please look after Lily while I go take a shower."

~~~~

"I really think this would look good on her," Maia said, holding up the duck onesie. "It brings out her eyes,"

Clary laughed. "I think we should give Jace a break for today."

"But tomorrow..."

"Sure," Clary said, tying Lily's hair back into a braid. "How does this look?"

"Adorable." Maia said, picking up Lily and tickling her. "Who's a cute baby? Who's a cute, red-headed baby who would look amazing in a duck onsie?" She grinned, heading out the door. "Go get those Herondales!"

Lily giggled, slapping the duck onseie suggestively.

"You want to put that on? Oh, fine." Clary sighed. "You're a very naughty girl..."

~~~~

"Clary! I'm home!" Jace said, marching through the front door. "Where's Lily?"

"Oh, she's sleeping..." Clary said dismissively. "How was your walk?"

Jace grinned, holding up the leather jacket made for babies. "It was on special too! In fact, I think I'll put it on her right now..."

"You do that," Clary said.

Jace walked up the stairs bursting with excitement. The leather jacket looked exactly like his.

"Lily! Look what Daddy got you. Who's a badass adorable- a-a-a," He opened Lily's blankets.

"CLARY!"