XI. UNTIL THE END

╔══════════════════╗XI

XI. UNTIL THE END
╚══════════════════╝

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE SCENE BEGAN to shift, and the next thing Harry knew, he was looking at a seventeen year old Regulus and Eloise.

"What do you mean 'we shouldn't be together'? Give me a real reason, Reg! Don't give me that 'I don't love you' bullshit! I can see it in your eyes, you don't mean any of that. So tell me, why?"

Regulus ran a hand through his hair in frustration and sighed, his eyes glazing over.

"Because it's not safe! I had to get the Dark Mark over the summer, I can't— I wouldn't be able to live with myself if they got to you because of me or something . . . it's not safe."

Eloise's features softened and she put a hand on his face, directing him to look at her.

"Listen to me, I knew something like this would happen eventually, and I still agreed to be your girlfriend. No offense or anything, but with your family, it was bound to happen unless you left. I knew it, and I agreed. The difference between you and the other Death Eaters is that you don't want to be there, and that's enough for me."

"But what if you get hurt?" Regulus whispered as the tears he'd been trying to hold back rolled down his cheeks.

"Oh, Reg, that's inevitable. It's sad, but true. This is a war, I'm bound to be hurt at least once, whether it be minor or major. But like I said, this is a war. We should at least hold onto some happiness, shouldn't we?"

The scene shifted once more and Harry was sitting in one of the boats gliding across the Black Lake.

"Goodness I don't know where to start . . . Lou, you were the first person to speak to me on the train. And when you actually wanted to be my friend I was so shocked, because honestly, I was a huge prat," Regulus laughed nervously. "And ever since that Christmas first year, I knew. I knew I wanted you to be a part of my life forever. Of course, back then, as an eleven year old, it wasn't exactly the same way as now . . . What I'm trying to ask is, Eloise Euphemia Potter, will you marry me?"

Throughout the whole speech, Eloise had her hand clapped over her mouth in shock and she'd frozen completely. Through her inability to speak, she nodded her head enthusiastically, so much so where her hat fell off her head and into the water, but she couldn't care less during that moment because she was now engaged to the love of her life.