redamancy ━ cedric diggory

✦ ✦ ✦ ┈ 𝙲𝙴𝙳𝚁𝙸𝙲 𝙳𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙾𝚁𝚈, 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙾𝙱𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝙵𝙸𝚁𝙴
( plot belongs to me )

𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘
available

𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚
(n.) the act of
loving in return

) the act of loving in return

000.┊𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃
( 𝚂𝙰𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙰 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙿𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁 ) : EVIE ADDINGTON...!
✦ ✦ ✦
𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊 ┊𝒉𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒑𝒖𝒇𝒇┊𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒆

𝑬𝑽𝑰𝑬 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑨𝑵𝑶𝑹 𝑨𝑫𝑫𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑻𝑶𝑵 | 𝑹𝑶𝑺𝑬𝑳𝒀𝑵 𝑬𝑽𝑨 𝑨𝑽𝑬𝑹𝑬𝑳𝑳

Everyone knew the story of the Addington's; a wealthy pureblood family who refused to join the Dark Lord and died in a tragic accident. Cedric knew the story, of course, for his childhood best friend had died in that accident; Evie. They had done almost everything together; quidditch, cards, swimming, you name it. She always gave him endless advice and he always listened to her vent. When she died, just a year before their first year, the boy had broken. He barely managed to pick himself up before starting at Hogwarts. Though what nobody - not even the Diggory's - knew was that the Addington's were not the slightest bit dead. Eleanor and Charles Addington had escaped the grasp of the Dark Lord by faking their deaths to keep their only daughter safe. Now, in hopes of getting their child a future, they are sending Evie to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the names of Roselyn Eva Averell. What happens when Cedric Diggory feels he recognizes the mysterious Roselyn Averell?

INFORMATION

- I think I've killed enough canon characters in my plots already. CEDRIC SHALL LIVE!!

- her parents were offered spots as death eaters because they were both born from long lines of pureblood witches and wizards. however, they decline and are forced into hiding. they fake their deaths in order to keep themselves safe. however, they want to ensure a stable future for their daughter in hopes that the dark lord will eventually be defeated. they homeschool her until her sixth year, where she attends Hogwarts.

- Evie is definitely a hardcore Hufflepuff.

- she plays as a beater and makes the Hufflepuff quidditch team in her seventh year (they don't have quidditch during the triwizard tournament).

- she is kind to everyone and everything.

- gives BOMB advice (she's like that one girl everyone can rant to and she'll give you the solution to your problems).

- however, she isn't extremely self-aware. dealing with other's issues takes a mental toll on her, and she forgets to think of herself.

- Cedric and Evie had not been dating when they were younger. they were like inseparable best friends.

- her parents are super loving and caring. she constantly writes to her mother for advice and anything of the sort.

- her parents were friends with the Diggory's, and that's how the two met.

- she goes to Hogwarts with the excuse that she is a transfer from Ilvermorny (she was actually homeschooled by her parents. however, if you say this instead, it makes it more interesting). in the year after the Triwizard Tournament, Professor Umbridge will have her suspicions about the girl because she transferred in the sixth year. she looks in the directory for Ilvermorny and doesn't find any trace of the Averell surname. however, at this point, the teachers think she is up in looney town, so Dumbledore intervenes.

- Cedric and Evie aren't instantly going to be besties. however, they should definitely be super compatible and are definitely soulmates, but Cedric is hesitant to befriend her. he is scared Evie, the one he thinks is deceased, will be upset if he 'replaces' her. he is also kind of freaked out that there is like a carbon copy of his best friend at Hogwarts.

- in this story, Cho is a lesbian, so there is no relationship between the two. Cho has a relationship with Birdie Lennon, Evie's best friend.

- at Hogwarts, Evie makes friends with Birdie Lennon (oc Hufflepuff), the Weasley twins, Lee, Cedric, Alicia, and Angelina.

- she doesn't really like Cedrics rowdy group of friends, though she doesn't voice it. Cedric can tell, and he understands; they are super reckless and like to bring attention to Cedric. they are constantly stealing him away from her as well.

- they get partnered for a project together... I know, cliche. basically, they are forced to talk to each other, and they love each other's company. reminder, Cedric is the hesitant one. Evie is only a bit hesitant because she doesn't want him to recognize her, but she wants to reconnect with him more than anything.

- when they do finally start talking more, they click instantaneously. they start dating just after the second task. if you want to be even more cliche, just the way I like it, you can have them share their first kiss after he gets her out of the water.

- even though Cedric doesn't die, he gets seriously injured and is unconscious for a few weeks. he is on the verge of death but manages to pull through and survive. thanks to wizards and ~magic~ he is able to recover fairly quickly. this is necessary so the original plotline (Harry confronting Umbridge about Ced's death) can go smoothly.

- they are definitely going to be a cute and fluffy couple. they go on all of those cliche dates but enjoy them anyway.

- Cedric doesn't figure out she's really Evie until after they start dating.

- he finds out at the end of the sixth year when he accidentally reads a letter written from Evie's mom to Evie.

- he can't decide whether to be furious or relieved, but he is definitely shocked. he takes her to a private place and confronts her almost immediately. she is able to convince him that it was to keep themselves safe. but of course, he is upset she couldn't find trust in him. he isn't going to forgive her instantly, but he does.

- Dumbledore is not aware she is an Addington. Her parents made sure to train her in occlumency as an extra precaution. however, Dumbledore is obviously curious as to why she is so skilled at blocking him out of her mind. she tells him that it was something they had been trained in at Ilvermorny, and though he knows it isn't true, he doesn't push forward.

- they move in together in a small cottage after Hogwarts. they definitely prefer a place a little bit out of the action-packed wizarding world.

- they both work in the order of the phoenix.

- when the second wizarding war is over, Evie is able to come out with her real name and origin. needless to say, it gets a lot of press and attention.

- they live a happy ever after <3

╭ ╮

...𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒆
→𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙!
let me know if you would like this story

╰ ╯