Disgrace

❝︎Would they listen to a fake veela and
a disgrace?❞︎

2-0.5 : Disgrace

"Oh, you're such a role model! Ron why can't you be more like your friend" Mrs. Weasley said nudging Ron. On the corner of my eyes, I saw the same reporter that was pushing me around.

"All of you wait outside, I'll get the rest of your books," Mrs. Weasley said. With those words, I quickly smile at her as I follow out the reporter to give him a piece of my mind

"Bet you loved that didn't you Potter?" I was about to call out for the reporter when I was interrupted by someone coming down the stairs and in front of me. Draco Malfoy, he changed a lot of the summer. Much taller for sure and a much deeper voice. "Famous Harry Potter, can't even go to the book shop without making the front page."

I rolled my eyes, I had enough disrespecting anyone for today. "Jealous, Draco?" I said crossing my arms looking at him coldly.

"Oh look Potter, you got yourself a girlfriend," He said taking a glance at me and then back at Harry who was standing right beside me.

"Now now Draco, play nicely," A tall blonde man said pushing Draco to the side with his walking stick of some sort. His voice gave me the chills, I recognized that cold face before. Lucius Malfoy, Draco's dad.

"Miss Clermont," He said giving me a nod with a smile. "..Mr. Potter. Lucius Malfoy, we meet at last. Forgive me" He says as he pulls Harry towards him examines his lighting scar on his forehead. "Your scar is a legend... As of course the wizard who gave it to you" I know the Malfoys were loyal followers of he-who-must-not-be-named. The thought of that alone sent shivers down my spine.

"Voldemort killed my parents," Harry said. I flinched at the mention of his name, brave one, Harry is. "He was nothing more than a murderer" with those words Lucius let's go of Harry.

"Mm. You must be very brave to mention his name.. Or very foolish"

"Fear of a name only increases the fear of the thing itself"

"And you must be... Miss Granger. Yes, Draco told me all about you.. and your parents... Muggles, aren't they?" he said mockingly as Hermione glared at him.

"Let me see, red hair, vacant expressions, tatty, second-hand book, you must be the Weasleys" He said pulling out a book from Ron's sister's cauldron.

"Sir, with all due respect, I wanted to ask why you are wasting your time talking to kids instead of worrying about your job at the ministry?" I said smirking.

"Ah yes, Miss Clermont. Your parents and I did have a quick chat at the ministry actually. They seemed.. disappointed. Hogwarts was it? What a disgrace to your family, makes sense you're a fake veela." I was so shocked, a fake veela, those words hit me like knives.

"Children, it's hot in here. Let's go outside" Mr. Weasley said putting one hand on my shoulder giving it a quick reassuring squeeze. He must've heard what Lucius said.

"All those extra raids... I do hope they're paying you overtime Aurther, But judging the state of this, I'd say not. What's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it"

"We have a very different idea about what disgrace in the name of wizard is, Malfoy."

"Clearly... Associating with Muggles" Lucius said looking towards Hermione and then at me before putting the book he took out of Ron's sister's cauldron.

"And I thought your family could sink no lower" Lucius added. Mr. Arthur looked so surprised and so was I. His shocked face quickly turned into a smile when he noticed us glaring.

"I'll see you at work."

"I wouldn't put my word for it Mr. Malfoy," I said. My parents were in a much higher social position than him. They could get him fired if they wanted to.

"Would they listen to a fake veela and a disgrace?" He said before walking off.

"See you at school," Draco sayid walking up to Harry's face then giving a quick smirk in my direction. Fake veela and a disgrace, those were true as much as I want to deny it. I could feel my eyes start to burn, I will not cry. Will my parents even listen if I told them what had happened today? They haven't even written to me ever since they left for France. Were they really that busy?

"Evelyn are you alright?" Hermione asked patting my back. I looked down fighting the urge to cry. I clenched up my fist focusing on every single muscle.

"Don't listen to him Evelyn" Ron said. "He doesn't know he's talking about!"

"I'm fine," I say looking back at them. No tears, I should praise myself for that. I was feeling terrible though, I didn't want to be seen sad.

"I think I've got all of what I need, I'll see you guys at school," I say flashing them a smile. I walk away as they all look at me sympathetically. I hated that, I don't need anyone's sympathy.

A QUICK HARRY'S POV

I waved goodbye to Hagrid, a little nervous Evelyn and I were the only ones now. I've always felt a little uneasy around her. Not because I was uncomfortable with her no not at all. She was one of my best friends, super nice. Maybe it's because she's so pretty, I get nervous around her but soon of course warm up. I turned around and make eye contact with her. She definitely was the prettiest girl I knew. Maybe the reason I was so uneasy around her was that I started developing a small crush.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)