Chapter 59: August's POV

I've never been so excited to come home from a vacation, but I honestly was. The week we had been away from home had been longer than anything I've experienced. My social bar was filled for the rest of the year, and I could honestly go a month without talking to anyone.

Harman and Abram's mating ceremony was sweet and short; Alexandre and I had partaken in the ceremony's ending. It was much different from Xandre and I's own ritual. The pheromones of other Alpha's and Luna's drove Alexandre insane. As expected, Alexandre has been nothing short but overprotective of me. So when he felt threatened of being surrounded by other high ranking Alpha's, he had taken me away from the area and fucked me senseless in our room.

We were enlisted as the new leaders for the Werewolves in the Supernatural Council while we were away. They were accepting of us taking over the position that had been held from Abram's family for generations. We were told about the semi-annual meeting that would happen around July, and they explained the reports and stuff we would need to have for the meeting.

When Alexandre and I arrived home, we were swarmed by our pack members. Many of them were excited for our return home. Alexandre announced my pregnancy through our pack link later that evening after telling our family and friends about our little pup in the oven. Our parents were thrilled to hear the news; we had a potential heir to our pack on the way.

Raven and Ella were happy for me; they were both still fighting on who would be the godmother of our little baby bee. Malikai had fallen into heat shortly before we had come home, and Miles had been with him to sate my friend's desires. My parents had been taking care of Persephone while Kai had his episodes.

"So August," Alexandre's piercing eyes met mine. "What do you think we should do about the rogue situation with our neighboring pack?" He tapped his pencil on the desk.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't listening." I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. I could hardly focus; I was just tired, I wanted to sleep. Alexandre had let me sleep in until he was finished with his morning patrol; he even made me breakfast before waking me up in bed. It was a luxury I could get used to. He also made delicious meals; I never thought an Alpha, let alone a dominant, would cook.

"Hmm, do you need to take a nap? Or are you hungry? We can take a break and grab lunch." He grabbed my hand.

"I'm fine, I'm just a little out of it. This little one is just making me exhausted is all." I patted my stomach.

"As long as you're okay, I can take you to our room, and I can let you go to sleep. Or do you think we should see Kathy? Maybe she can do a check-up on our pup." He explained.

"There's no need to bother Kathy," I rolled my eyes. Alexandre always brought it up when I had the smallest of hiccups. "We'll see our pup in due time; there's no point until we hit the eight-week mark anyways."

"I know, I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine, Xandre, I'm just having normal symptoms." I chuckled. "I'm going to go take a nap, maybe have Jaxon come in here and help you with some of these things?"

"Yeah, he can, I just like your input sometimes." He grinned at me.

"Thank you for that," I got up. "I love you." I pecked Alexandre's lips.

"I love you, sleep well little one." He grabbed my chin, pecking my lips one more time before letting me go.

---

Three weeks had passed quickly, well, it did for me because I slept a good majority of the time. I was watching little Persephone today while Miles and Malikai went out looking for a house nearby. They loved living with my parents, but they explained they wanted their own space because my parents were home more often now and in Malikai's words to me. Sex was very awkward when my parents were there.