ⓧ 𝐓𝐄𝐍 // 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

"Oh, I forgot the things I knewIt was I who'd abandoned youForgive me,I was lost in doubtWho would never've left my sidePicked me up when I thought I would dieYou helped me,and I was found"

It was I who'd abandoned you
Forgive me,
I was lost in doubt
Who would never've left my side
Picked me up when I thought I would die
You helped me,
and I was found"

Footprints ~ Sia

After three glasses of Long Island Iced Teas, four bowls of salty peanuts, followed by bad jokes and not-so-witty remarks, everything Mike was blabbering about sounded hilarious. And truthfully, after eleven o'clock, Johanna was kind of laughing at him, rather than with him.

"So, you wanna grab a bite to eat later?" Mike asked, leaning against the counter.

Johanna shook her head. She definitely wanted a bite to eat, but... not with him.  "Nah, I'm good," she declined. "Thanks, though."

Thanks for nothing, you scumbag! She fake smiled.

Grateful for the loud music, which overpowered her stomach's roars —telling her, "hello? I'm starving here!"— Johanna's head felt uncomfortably congested; and, for some reason, her cheeks felt warm. Now that she thought about it, Johanna hadn't had actual food in almost a month. And God, she was getting hangry, cursing herself for not leaving sooner.

Johanna felt extremely nauseous, and the fact that her stomach was aching from her heightened appetite, wasn't helping. What were in those iced teas?

Stumbling out of her seat, Johanna took a couple steps —her vision hazy and her head taking a swim— before almost crashing into a table. Quickly turning back, Johanna sat down —hugging her herself as she whimpered. Great, she was stuck here.

"It's nice to see you again, sweetheart," Mike grinned. "And guess what? I know the best place where we can hang out afterwards. It's a little place not too far from here... called my apartment."

Her eyes widening, Johanna shook her head. Oh hell no!

"Look... maaan," Johanna slurred. "I already told you once—" she lazily held up three fingers. "I'm not goin' anywhere with you, okaaay? I have a boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Mike challenged.

"Yeah," Johanna nodded. "That's what I just said!"

"Well... I call bullshit," Mike crossed his arms. "Because I remember you telling me that you were single, just a couple hours ago."

Oh crap, that's right.

Gritting her teeth, Johanna had had enough going back and forth.