ⓧ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 // 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲

"Come up to meet youTell you I'm sorryYou don't know how lovely you areI had to find youTell you I need youTell you I set you apart"

Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart"

The Scientist ~ Bipolar Sunshine

Late into the night, halfway to Salem —oblivious to Johanna's healing factor gradually getting stronger— her heavy intoxication was wearing off. And after hearing Johanna's stomach growl, Logan drove to the nearest late-night diner —ordering some of the greasiest burgers with curly fries, onion rings, and two large sodas.

The only customers in the restaurant, Logan and Johanna talked, laughed, and of course, devoured their meals —forgetting their problems; relishing in each other's company. And when they had arrived at his log cabin —a nice place Logan had built sometime in the new timeline— Johanna was in a deep sleep; curled up in his jacket, her arms tightly wrapped around Logan's arm.

Gently carrying Johanna inside, Logan took off her shoes and laid her down on his bed —tucking her in— before crashing onto his leather couch; letting the exhaustion take over. And before Logan passed out, he smiled proudly. His mate was finally with him, safe in his bed, getting some much needed rest.

One day, in time, Logan would join his mate —pulling Johanna close, draping his arm over her tiny body; basking in her warmth and sugary aroma. But until then, Logan vowed to watch over Johanna as she slept —guarding her from the dark, raging wars inside her mind.

A professional insomniac, Logan knew exactly how hard it was to get a decent amount of uninterrupted sleep. And even trying to relax after a nightmare, was a separate battle he'd been fighting for many, many years.

Though... something told Logan things were changing between him and Johanna. Drastically. And soon, his mate would warm up to him. They just needed more time to get to know each other.

But from now on, Logan knew one thing was for certain, Johanna would never have to worry about her safety. Because here, with him, he'd always protect her. She was his mate after all.

And now... she was his life.

• • •

The next morning, Johanna awoke to the sound of rain, gently tapping on the window —followed by some distant cracks of thunder; rumbling every so often. Slowly opening her eyes, the smell of freshly brewed coffee deliciously flooded her senses.

Allowing her eyesight to fully adjust, Johanna propped herself up on her elbows —trying to recall the events from the night before. But no matter how hard Johanna tried, she just... couldn't.