CHAPTER 6

OMG guys, have you checked out the ratings?! They're so amazing. We're barely 5 chapters gone but look!

WOUNDED is #3 out of 88 stories for #Cameroon, #7 out of 528 for #Ghana, #64 out of 3.58k for #Africa and #120 out of #10.4k for #addiction!! And that's not all, I mean come on! Even if it doesn't last forever, which I hope it does, I will always know it actually did happen.

Thank you all so much for reading and voting and sharing... Y'all are the best. For this reason, I'll be doing a double update today to show just how grateful I am.
I hope it'll be worth your time. ❣️

KACELY

Song: Where were you in the morning?- Shawn Mendes

"Bobga! Bobga hurry up with the water!"
I hear from my sleep.

What?
I open my eyes to hundreds of huge blobs and drops of water rushing down towards my face.

"Jesus!" I scream and jump up.
Wait, why is it so cold down there? I look down and my balls are hanging down in the cold.

"Christ!" I cover them with my hands.

"Jesus?! Christ?!?" An elderly woman asks with a bucket in her hand. She isn't that old, about mid fifties or maybe sixty. There's a light skinned little boy with huge ears beside her, staring at me too. When I look down I realise he's actually looking at the view from my waist below, I quickly conceal myself with my hand.

The woman's still in her PJs, socks and slippers and she has a stern look on her face.

For a second, it's like my head's tearing on the inside. I groan in pain, holding my head between both my hands and then sit down.

Wait, there's a spatula in her other hand.

"Grandma maybe he's mad." The little boy says.

"I'm not mad" I defend.

"Then why are you naked in my compound at six am on New Year's day?"

I can't even answer that.

"Maybe he was sleeping walking"

"Bobga, I will slap you." She warns giving him a sterner look then turns back to me. "My friend will you put on your shorts?!"

"Uncle take" the little boy says holding up my shorts.
How do I remove my hands?

"Take na." He insists.
I try to cover up with just one hand and take it with the other hand before I quickly hold it over my waist.

"You cannot even say thank you sef. " the little boy frowns before going back to stand beside his grandmom.

"Um... sorry. Thank you"

Have I ever been this embarrassed before?

"Well? Why are you naked?!" She asks again.

"I don't know." I mumble and look down at the kid again. God this is so humiliating.

"It seems like you are uncomfortable." she says.

Thank God you figured that out!

"I'll turn around for thirty seconds"

"Why?" I ask confused.

"So you can wear the shorts of na."

"What shorts?" I ask.

"How many shorts are there? Your shorts!" she yells.

Jesus, what is happening to me?

"Na which dull pikin this?" She scolds and I just wish I could evaporate all together