Chapter 69: Soulmates

A/N: This chapter is rated M for mature. There will be immense fluff and spiciness (not overly explicit) ahead. I recommend that you listen to the song Flightless Bird by Iron and Wine for the first half (linked above).

Chapter 69:

6 months later, March 28th

Mizuki didn't know a wedding could be planned in a few months. After she revealed her engagement to her friends, Rina and Mina contacted their connections right away and they helped her and Kei plan their perfect wedding.

Today was the day.

Kei and Mizuki were finally getting married.

Their wedding venue was at a private, European-style mansion in the quiet Kitayama area of Kyoto. Kitayama Geihinkan had an intimate setting filled with a homely and romantic atmosphere that Kei and Mizuki both wanted for their wedding. There was a beautiful, colorful garden with a pool, a charming chapel, and a banquet hall large enough for all their family, friends, and other guests.

"If you don't find the hibiscus flowers that I requested months ago," Rina muttered on the phone, "I swear..."

Mizuki stared at herself in front of the mirror. She was wearing a white, sheer, long-sleeve, embroidered lace dress that flared out from the waist down, accentuating her fit body. Additionally, she wore a shimmering tiara that held the thin, intricately-designed veil that flowed down with her wavy hair.

"We had a tiny problem but don't worry, I fixed it!" Rina declared triumphantly, "I am the best maid of honor!"

Mizuki felt her stomach churn uneasily. Something was off.

"Mizuki, the photographer will be here in a few minutes!" Rina rushed to her side, fixing the veil, "Oh! I gotta make sure that the reception after the wedding is all set! Be right back!"

As soon as Rina left her alone in the room, Mizuki stumbled to the sofa, her breath trembling from...

From what?

She shut her eyes tightly, fighting the tears that threatened to spill. She had makeup on and she would like for it to stay on at least until the wedding was over.

"Nee-chan!" Jun barged into the room, oblivious to his sister's current turbulent state, "When is the wedding going to start? I'm bored!"

"Jun..." Mizuki managed to say weakly, "Get Kei..."

"What?" He raised an eyebrow inquisitively, "It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding!"

"Please!" Mizuki shouted fiercely, "Just get Kei! I-I need him!"

Jun staggered backward, surprised by his sister's sudden outburst. Her face had become red, undoubtedly because she was trying not to cry.

"O-okay..."

He scurried off instantly as she took several deep breaths to try and calm herself down.

Why was her body reacting this way? She wanted nothing more than to marry Kei but it felt like something was wrong. Was it just nerves? Or...

"I'm here!" Kei interrupted her erratic thoughts, instantly running to her side, "Are you alright? What happened? What's wrong?"

Mizuki gazed up at Kei's worried eyes, and she immediately burst into tears. As a response, he hugged her comfortingly, feeling his heart ache from seeing his breathtaking bride crying on their wedding day.

"Sh... It's okay..." He murmured, rubbing her back soothingly.

"Kei..." She clutched onto his chest desperately, "I... I..."