𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

^^Jo's outfit in this chapter

"They were always walking away from him. But he never seemed able to walk away from them."
— Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys
(I just finished reading this book and boi was I missing out! I'm definitely gonna binge read the rest of the books in this series. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a fantasy series that as a quest, some romance, and a truly wholesome friend group. Five out of five!"

(A/N: this chapter is unedited so feel free tell me if you catch mistakes. It's two am and I'm tired.)

Jo slowly walks down the backstairs making sure she doesn't tumble down and into the diner. When she eventually got into the diner she noticed Nathan sitting on a bar stool reading a book.

Jo limped over to him. "Hey, preppy." She said gaining his attention. "Whatcha doing here? I thought we are going to meet up with Babette?"

Nathan stands up, creating a height difference between them. He stuffs his thin book in his back pocket and grabs her bag. "We are. I'm here to give you a ride. I didn't think it would be comfortable walking all the way there in with a broken leg."

Jo smiles softly, "Thanks." She said before following him out the diner.

After that short car ride that consisted of them debating on who's music choice to play, they pulled into Nathan's driveway. Nathan got out and moved to Jo's door to help her out because of the cars slightly height from the ground.

Nathan held her elbows slowly helping her out of the car. "Look at you being all gentleman like." Jo said in a teasing tone.

"I'm always a gentleman, you have been so distracted by my good looks to notice it." He said with a smirk.

Jo laughs, "I think your prep school is rubbing off on you." 

"Never." Nathan said with a smile as he closed the car.

As they move around the car to walk to Babette's, Lorelai came out of her house and stopped them. "Hey, guys!" She said walking down her porch to the yard where Nathan and Jo stood.

Jo smiled at the woman, "Hey, Lorelai. How's it going?"

Lorelai stuffed her hands in the back pocket of her jeans. "Good, I noticed you both here and thought—"

"She was watching from the window!" Rory said coming out of the house and stops at her mother's side.

Nathan rolled his eyes at Lorelai and sighed. "Mom." He said in slight embarrassment considering the conversation she had with him earlier.

Lorelai raised her hands up in defense. "What? I'm just saying hello and just letting you guys know to call me if you need anything."

Jo furrowed her brows in confusion but nodded anyway. "Thanks."

"Leave them alone, crazy woman." Rory said and pulled her mom back into the house.

❀❀❀

It has been a few hours since Babette and Morey left to go celebrate the anniversary, and things were going smoothly up until feeding time came around.