Postpartum Pains (April 2011)

Harry: 17 Camryn: 17Darcy: born at 1:45 am

Harry: 17
Camryn: 17
Darcy: born at 1:45 am

Continuation of the aftermath of Darcy's birth

4:45 AM

"Harry?"Camryn whispers, unable to fall asleep.

"Hmm?"Harry mumbles with his cheek pressed against the pillow and his arm gently draped around Camryn's middle.

"Can you check on Darcy one more time?"Camryn pleads, "just to make sure she's breathing."

Harry whimpers quietly having just gotten comfortable enough to sleep. This is the fifth time in the past 8 minutes that Camryn's asked him to check on their little girl.

"Please?"Camryn whispers again as she watches Harry remain still.

Harry tiredly rolls over in the bed and looks at the fresh newborn baby sleeping peacefully in her bassinet right next to Harry's side of the bed. She's swaddled in a blanket with her brown hair neatly combed from her first wash up that Jay gently gave her right after her birth. "She's perfect, love."

Camryn sighs in relief, "breathing?"

Harry reaches over to put a gentle hand on top of Darcy chest, careful not to wake her, "yep. Breathing like a champ."

Camryn smiles settling down into the bed as Harry rolls back over to gently cuddle her, careful of her sore body. Harry reaches his hand up to caress Camryn's cheek as she makes eye contact with him. Her eyes are drooping and exhausted, but he can tell she's fighting off the sleep.

"Baby, you need to get some sleep. You're exhausted. Your body needs sleep, it just pushed a baby out of it." Harry's lips gently rub against Camryn's as she sighs.

"I'm too worried to sleep,"Camryn explains with tears welling up in her eyes, "what if she stops breathing?"

"Baby,"Harry frowns, wiping a tear that fell onto Camryn's cheek, "she has the foot monitor remember? It would alert us if, heaven forbid, she stopped breathing. But remember, Jay told us that Darcy is perfectly healthy and doing just fine."