Chapter 2

*Markus POV*

The second I stepped into the woods I could smell her. Her scent of peaches with a hint of mango. But this isn't what I expected. I expected someone from Alpha or even a Beta bloodline.

Not a rogue.

If mother even heard what I was thinking she'd have my head chopped off. But what do you expect? She's a rogue, the pack will never accept her as Luna.

And clearly, all her sass and attitude problems don't look like they will get her anywhere closer to the position. After I had locked her into the cell I sent Josey to give her dinner. It hurt to leave her there when all I wanted was to wrap my arms all around her body.

She may be a rogue but she's still my mate whether she likes it or not.

Well just have to work on it. Whether the pack likes it or not. She will stand as Luna.

Shifting into a better position in my office chair do I put an image of her face in my mind. Her dark brown hair and different colored eyes. Perfect nose. It's as if she's an angel in the making.

"Alpha," I hear a knock on my door. I sigh as I get back into my working mind.

"Yes, Kepler?" I respond to my Beta. He rarely calls me Alpha unless it's serious.

"The Luna has escaped and locked Josey in the cell.." He says waiting for me to yell. Yet I don't yell at all. She can't get out as easily as she thinks. It's impossible. I have the best guarding system in the North.

"Take care of the rest of my duties please. I'll be gone for the rest of the day."

"Gotchu Mark." He says. Great back to a first-name basis.

Closing the door behind me do I begin my run down the hall and out the door to find her scent. The second I stepped out did I smell it around the packhouse. Walking towards it do I see her hiding with her hood on going inside.

Little sneak she thinks she is.

"Babyyy!" I hear from my right causing me to stop in my tracks. God damn it, Kelsy.

"Not now Kelsy."

"But you never came back last night." She says to me. Ah, I ditched her to find my mate.

"Mhm. Well, don't count on me ever coming back." I say leaving her speechless as I walk to the packhouse.

I walk in to see people in the kitchen and in the living room. I follow her scent up the stairs to a few offices. This is where the Beta and my third in command offices are. What is she doing up here?

Getting ready to catch her do I open Kepler's door fast.

"Don't think you're such a-" But the room was empty. Leaving the window open. How the hell did she jump out of a second-story window without any hesitation?

Sneaky Mate, I will find you.

~

*Blair's POV*

I could smell his scent behind me the second he entered what I assumed was the packhouse. No way in hell was I going to let him catch me.

Quickly running up the stairs and into the first room I saw do I jump out of the window. Landing on all fours like a cat, and run to the next building. Clearly, my bow wasn't there since neither of those were his office.

I've heard an Alpha's office takes up a whole story. And that story clearly had more than one door.

Quickly passing a man going down with an empty cup of coffee do I go up to the second floor of this building do I smell his scent all around. Apples and cinnamon. Not a bad mix and annoyingly calming.