Chapter 20: Finding Common Ground

Jayden's POV

"Baby, you have to wake up now. It's almost noon. Come on Jay," Kylie purred as her fingers brushed my hair.

"Two more minutes. I'll be up soon," I murmured and I felt her peck my lips.

"Your dad must be worried about you, Jay. You have to go home."

Oh shit! I quickly shot my eyes open and sat up. I looked around and realised I wasn't in my bedroom. I was in Kylie's bedroom.

To top it all off I was naked. We definitely had sex. I couldn't exactly recall what happened but I remembered coming to Kylie's apartment after a very long day to talk and ended up getting wasted on wine.

The previous week had been hell. The work was too much as the new collection had just been launched. It was selling well on the market but we had to work hard to keep it constantly at the top.

Everyday I left home early and came back in very late. I didn't even get a chance to see Kyra for the whole week. Nevertheless, she left me notes of encouragement everyday on the kitchen table.

After work the previous day I was exhausted like hell. I didn't want to go home and stress out Dad so I decided to visit Kylie, talk and relax. Things didn't exactly go as planned.

Thinking of Kyra just made me feel worse. Of course Kylie was my girlfriend but I didn't want to break Kyra's heart. She didn't have to know everything about what Kylie and I did.

I was working hard on our relationship. I wanted to start over and make it up to her. Our relationship was progressing. I didn't want to mess everything up once again.

I looked at Kylie who had been saying things I couldn't comprehend. She was already dressed.

"What happened last night?" I asked the almost obvious.

"Last night you were incredible baby. You spent the whole night doing amazing things to me. I love you so much Jay," Kylie crooned as she crawled onto the bed, snaked her arms around my neck and started kissing my face.

Geez. Why was everything suddenly frustrating?Things between us were not supposed to happen this way. I had no idea why but I was feeling guilty.

I freed myself from Kylie and grabbed my cellphone. It was switched off.

"Did you switch it off?"

"Yes baby. People were disturbing us. You actually told me to switch it off. Someone was very horny and demanding last night."

"I was drunk, Kylie. You could have been the responsible one. What if someone important called?" I fussed as I switched on my cellphone.

"And miss out on all the fun? Nah uh. Last night was one of my favourite nights. I so can't wait to finally be your wife and sleep with you every night."

My phone was packed with multiple missed calls from Dad, Kyle, Martha, Nick and an unknown number. The messages were many. I had really messed up big time.

"I'm going to shower," I announced as I got up and wrapped a towel around my waist.

Kylie just looked at me biting her bottom lip. In normal circumstances I'd be turned on but this time around everything felt different.

I quickly showered and wore a pair of jeans and a denim shirt. I slipped on some sneakers and brushed my hair. I had a couple of clothes in Kylie's apartment.

I heard some talking in the lounge. I grabbed my cellphone and car keys then made my way to the lounge.

"Is he here?" I heard a familiar voice ask. Kyra. I'd never go wrong with her nectarine sweet sotto voce voice.