You/Kirari Momobami - Oh To Be

TW: Mentions of Death/Suicide 

Yumeko had won without even breaking out into a sweat. This had been your moment to prove to Kirari that you more than well deserved to be by her side but you failed. You lost to Yumeko but you didn't care about the loss, you care about the fact that nothing could ever happen between Kirari. You would die a complete stranger to her. 

"Pick the right door and you just might live, (y/n)."

You took a shaky breath and made your way to a random door. Pressing a 5 to the keyboard, the door opened, revealing the opened field. It was frightening to look down and see how long of a dive it would be before your death. You were scared to jump but you had lost. You had no choice. Wanting for your last memory to be of Kirari, you turned around to face her. 

"I love you, Kirari."

You whisper to her, not caring if she heard or not. You were nothing to her anymore. Taking a step back, you started to make the descent to your death. 

A warm body pressing against your makes you open your eyes to find the president had switched your positions. She would take the brunt of the impact and you weren't going to let that happen. It was clear that she hadn't expected for you to react so quickly to turn the two of you back around so she was back on top. You closed your eyes back again and waited for the impact. 

You weren't sure if you were dead when you found yourself free from any pain. Kirari is smiling down at you when you open your eyes. 

"Did you really think that I was going to let you fall to your death, (y/n)?"

"I...I..."

"Oh, (y/n). You're just simply delightful. I can't imagine a life without you. It would just be so dull."

It was hard processing everything that Kirari was saying with her on top of you. She can't help but smirk when she notices your dilemma. Pressing a light kiss against your lips, Kirari lets her head rest against your chest to listen to your heartbeat. Despite its fast beating, Kirari still found it soothing. 

"I don't understand. I should be dead."

Taking your hand, Kirari presses it agains the crash mat. 

"Like I said, I wasn't going to let that happen. I care a great deal for you, (y/n)."

"But the bet. I lost. We're supposed to be strangers."

"Yumeko and I came to an agreement."

Kirari sighs and looks up at you, she lets her finger trace your jawline before gently gripping it. Making you look at her, she caresses your cheek with her thumb. 

"Don't you dare ever make a bet like that. Do you understand?"

"I'm sorry. I really thought that I could win, Kirari. I never expected for Yumeko to beat me."

"It's in the past, darling. You're forgiven. What matters is that you're still here with me." She presses another kiss against your lips and stands up. "Now come on, Sayaka is waiting for us with some tea. We don't want for it to get cold."