Afraid

Chapter 10

Friday, September 24th, 7pm

"Does it still hurt?" I ask, avoiding his gaze.

"Unfortunately. If I were alive, I would probably be dead by now. Jin hyung totally kicked my ass."

"What...does that even mean?"

I hand Jungkook an ice pack. He takes it gratefully. Pressing it into his face, he grimaces in pain. The side of his jaw is littered with light purple bruises from Seokjin's rings. You would think that a lack of an actual body would spare him from swelling and bleeding.

Apparently not.

"I'm not sure, but it hurts like a bitch," he says absently, but then blushes as he realises his vulgarity.

Jin and Jimin had just left and now it's just the two of us in my mess of an apartment. There's things strewn all over the floor and even a few kitchen cupboards are off of their hinges after Jungkook's little...explosion.

To be honest, I'm still quite shocked at how Jin eventually agreed to help with Jungkook's situation...even after having tried to break his jaw just a little while prior.

Although, it had taken a good hour to convince him not to continue with his assault on poor Jungkook's face.

After a lengthy explanation of Jungkook's exceptional situation, my neighbours seemed to understand that my resident ghost boy, Jungkook, was not trying to murder me in my sleep or posses anyone.

It was a little difficult to convince them since Jungkook had snapped and pretty much went haywire on us. But he wouldn't hurt me, or anyone, intentionally.

It's clear that he only went berserk when he thought Jin had hurt me but then pretty much did nothing when he himself was getting his ghostly ass handed to him on a plate.

He's just scared. And lonely.

Jin even had the decency to look guilty and go as far as to promise to mooch information from Mr Bang regarding any missing person reports of anyone in this building in the last 20 decades.
Including suicides, homicides and the likes, in attempt to find out how Jungkook died.

Jimin had just wanted to know about the (non-existent) ghost sex but was pretty much willing to help after getting over his initial shock. It seemed like Jungkook's big doe eyes can melt anyone's heart.

That, and the fact that he was pretty much crying a little after the whole fiasco and apologising profusely for almost blowing up my house.

As for me? Well, I'm still a bit shaken after what Jungkook did. He seems so innocent that I tend to forget that he's not exactly human. And at first, that didn't bother me, but now I'm a little on edge.

Even after convincing Jin and Jimin to not be afraid of Jungkook, I felt myself feeling just that. I wasn't afraid of him, exactly, but more of what he could do.

Like I said, he wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose but then again, he pretty much has the ability to destroy things if his emotions go unchecked. What if he loses his temper again one day and blows up some appliance or something? What if the whole building burns to the ground? He can't help it at all.

And that's scary.

Jungkook is a supernatural being and I shouldn't be treating this like some stupid science experiment or a game.
This could be dangerous. The book research can wait.

He might seem like a boy, but he's a 40 something year old ghost for crying out loud.

How did this just occur to me that this situation wasn't completely okay?